Heart Care with Ayurveda
Due to drastic change in our lifestyle, hybrid dietary habits, more mental pressure & less physical activeness, our heart is getting weaker everyday & number of heart patients is increasing with that. So, it’s time to give serious attention towards our Heart and you should do heart care with ayurveda.
About our Heart
- Strongest muscle in our body
- Placed at the center of our lungs, slightly left.
- Plays the vital role in giving life to our body in all the ways – ranging from the oxygen supply to the whole body to the proper functioning of our immune system so you must heart care with ayurveda.
The human heart has 4 chambers: two upper chambers (the artria) & two lower ones (the ventricles). A wall of muscle called the septum separates the two sides of our heart. It is the major organ which performs circulatory function of the body along with lungs, arteries, veins, coronary & portal vessels. It pumps in two parts: articles & ventricles. The network of Coronary arteries & blood vessels transports oxygenated blood from the heart, delivers oxygen & nutrients to the body’s cells & then veins returns deoxygenated blood back to the heart. Aorta is the main artery of the body & Superior vena cava is the main vein which carries impure or oxygen poor blood back to the heart.
Importance of good & healthy Heart Care
- An involuntary organ which performs 24 hours without any permission from the brain. So, we can’t control its working but we can improve its functioning by make it healthier.
- Heart related diseases are silent killers; most of them are diagnosed after getting prone to diseases like heart attack or failure. So to prevent this you must heart care with ayurveda.
- Heart related problems have multi-organ defects that can cured through heart care with ayurveda.
- After all, the heart is also a muscle which needs a fresh supply of oxygen and nutrients, too. Any damage to it or its valves can reduce that pumping power, forcing the heart to work harder just to keep up with the body’s demand for blood.
- Heart is very vulnerable to damage from our various activities stress, smoking & drinking. It is also affected by many co–morbid conditions like diabetes, obesity & hypertension. So heart care with ayurveda
Problems with the Heart
Blood Pressure, Blockage in blood vessels, Irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia), congenital heart defects, weak heart muscles (cardiomyopathy), heart infections, heart valve problems and cardiovascular disease etc.
Things on which health of the heart depends:
- Proper space in the passage so that blood can travel between heart & other body organs smoothly without any high or low pressure. So care your heart with ayurveda
- Healthy Heart tissues so that internal functioning of heart must not hamper (proper elasticity of muscles, proper nutrition, etc.)
- Healthy SA node – It controls the heart rate by generating electrical impulses and then sending electrical waves through the heart muscle, causing the heart to contract and pump blood throughout the body. So care your heart with ayurveda
- Manageable burden on heart so that it can concentrate more on its primary function & not get overburdened due to lack of blood supply, lack of nutrients, excessive stress, excessive alcohol, smoking etc. So care your heart with ayurveda
Causes of Heart related problems
Blood Pressure–the pressure put on the heart & its arteries and veins when it pumps the blood. If everything is normal, heart pumps the blood & it will flow into vessels with normal pressure.
- Sometimes due to blockage or contraction in the vessels, blood finds less space to flow but heart supplies the usual amount of blood which puts pressure on both heart & vessel. Heart will have to work harder & to put more pressure so that blood can flow through that vessel within its usual time otherwise all other functioning related to that hampers. In case this pressure becomes very slow or very intense, Heart Attack
- Many people in all the young, adult & old age group people are suffering from Blood Pressure problem & they have a myth that it is not a very serious problem until they face any major problem arises from it.
- Blood Pressure (BP) is not a very serious problem is the biggest myth as it is a major cause of Heart problems which needs to be regularly checked and maintained. High BP, or hypertension, can be affected by your overall weight, especially in case of obesity.
- The heart is overloaded by the work of pumping blood throughout your body in case of extra fat. The harder the work, the more pressure is placed on the walls of your arteries, which increases the risk of damaged blood vessels.
- Maintaining the correct body weight & BMI (Body Mass Index) can lower your BP and increases the overall heart health.
Improper Circulation through Blood Vessels
- Health of the heart care also affects various types of circulation in the body like transporting oxygen and nutrients to the different cells in body through blood. Without proper circulation, tissues will begin to die, which may result in amputations or even death.
- High BP, cholesterol plaque and various other heart problems can all affect the body’s ability to transport pure blood efficiently to all parts of our body.
- Proper circulation in blood vessels is very essential as most dangerous heart problems arises due to blocked or damaged blood vessels or due to various medication available in market which cures the problem on temporary basis but leads to harmful effects by reducing the elasticity , strength of blood vessels.
General Solutions available in the Market for High BP & other heart problems
- Anti-Cholesterol drugs –these drugs remove extra fat or cholesterol stored inside the vessels which interrupts the flow of blood. This drug does a major disaster by removing good quality cholesterol also from the body. People have the myth that cholesterol is always bad for the body but in reality, many of our major body parts like Brain, walls of stomach & blood vessels are all made up of 80% cholesterol. If good quality cholesterol level reduces from the body, our Liver starts synthesizing itself from artificial sources to maintain its required level & even extra to store inside it for future use which is also not of good quality that in turn disturbs the whole body functioning. Joints also become dry which leads to Arthritis & Osteoporosis. Ayurveda considers this damage & uses herbs like Guggul which is anti – inflammatory which also removes cholesterol from the body but only the bad quality cholesterol. Guggul does the same thing without any side effects which anti cholesterol drugs do by creating so much disaster to the body.
- Vasodilatation of vessels – This treatment dilates the major blood vessels like veins &arteries. It normalizes the BP level for that time but slowly this makes the vessels more thinner n weaker which becomes unable to handle even a little extra pressure in need of emergency. Continuous dilation damages the walls of the blood streams which has no solution. Veins suffer from dilated pressure along with elasticity loss. Varicose veins weakness leads to swelling in lower body parts. Ayurveda has its solution for this in herbs like – Ashwagandha & Haldi which provide strength & more elasticity to the vessels.
- Diuretics – This removes all the extra liquid from blood through urination so that right amount of blood flows from the vessels to maintain blood volume & prevents high BP. But along with that water, some essential nutrients also throw out through excess urination which leads to nutritional loss & dehydration of the body. It also weakens the Kidneys by increasing its work to remove water from the body. Ayurveda treat this problem with herbs like Punarnava & Gokshur which lowers the burden from Kidney & removes extra liquid and prevents the loss of nutrients from the body. In this way, these herbs maintain the nutritional level of the body along with curing a major heart problem.
- SA Node deformity – Major disaster done by these medicines is to control the activity of SA Node, major sensor located inside the heart to promote & guide its function. To prevent heart from any shock, these medicines control the activity of SA node & proper signals can’t come to heart in case of emergency. So, proper blood can’t reach at required place & can cause many problems. So, it slowly overtakes the heart functioning & heart become slave of it. Ayurveda use herbs like Sarpagandha & Arjuna for this problem. Arjuna herb is one of the most important herbs due to the presence of CoQ 10 enzyme in it which is very essential for a healthy heart. It is a heart tonic which lowers LDL (bad) cholesterol, raises HDL (good) cholesterol and maintains the blood pressure.
Ayurveda – solutions with no consequences
We at Deep Ayurveda provide purely herbal treatments to cure any type heart problems that have no side effects. Our medical experts use various god– gifted precious herbs to maintain a healthy heart & to cure its different problems. Some of the good herbs for Heart related problems include Arjuna, Ashwagandha, Punarnava, Gokshur, Brahmi, MundakPurni & Sarpagandha which not only maintains the health of the heart but also helps in getting rid from blood pressure problem & maintaining correct quantity of good quality cholesterol inside the body.
Effective Herbal Medicines available with us for Heart problems:
- Heart Care Tea (Best tea for heart health)
- Arjun Capsules (Remedies for healthy heart)
- Ashwagandha Capsules
- Nervocare Capsules (Best supplement for brain memory)
- Ayurvit Capsules (Multivitamin capsules)
Some other classic medicines are also very helpful in heart related disease like- Arjunarishta, Punarnavarishta, BrahmiVati, Punarnava Mandoor, Ashwagandharisth
Panchkarma therapies – Apart from all above herbs, Ayurveda has one of its main benefits lying in Panchkarma treatment that heals the heart in a complete natural way which not just cures the heart diseases but also make it strong enough to avoid any kind of future disorders. Detoxification & rejuvenation are being done through various therapies depending upon the patient requirement to provide you a healthy heart in a healthy body. Various types of therapies available with us for your various heart problems are:
- Enema ( BastiKaram)
- Hridya Vasti
With the help of panchkarma therapies & through 100% herbal medicines which are formulated and manufactured only after long a clinical trials and researched by the team of ayurvedic doctors of Deep Ayurveda, Our aims is providing safe, secure purely herbal & natural treatment for heart patients or other people having risk of getting these problems.
We think it is time for you to choose the best option to prevent your heart without any side effects using purely herbal remedies, the precious gift & solution given by our mother nature & our ancestors.
For more detail or advice on Heart related problem write to Dr. Baldeep Kour at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Article Author : Dr. Baldeep Kour- Medical Director & Co-Founder of Deep Ayurevda & Editor in Chief of Ayurveda Magazine- “AYURVEDA FOR HEALTHY LIVING” Publishing from Chandigarh.
Statutory warning : Self medication can be very dangerous. Always use ayurvedic medicine under the strict supervision of an ayurvedic doctor.