Ayurvedic treatment for Motor Neuron Disease- Motor Neuron Diseases (MND) are a group of progressive neurological disorders that destroy cells that control essential muscle activity such as breathing, walking, speaking, and swallowing. Basically, Messages from nerve cells in the brain (called upper motor neurons) are transmitted to nerve cells in the brain stem and spinal cord (called lower motor neurons), and from them to particular muscles. When there are impediments in these signals, the result can be gradual muscle weakening, wasting away, and uncontrollable twitching (called fasciculations). Eventually, the ability to control voluntary movement can be lost. Motor neuron diseases may be inherited or acquired, and they occur in all age groups.
According to the ‘National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS), Motor Neuron Diseases (MND) occur more commonly in men than in women, and symptoms may appear after age 40.
The common MNDs include amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), progressive bulbar palsy, primary lateral sclerosis, and progressive muscular atrophy.
Ayurveda treatment for Motor Neuron Diseases:
According to Ayurveda, Motor Neuron Diseases is a congregation of Vata Roga and Kshaya Roga. Ayurveda theory says Motor Neuron Diseases can be considered as a Vata Predominant disease, which results from the vitiation of the Vata dosha. Vata controls the respiratory, blood, lymphatic, excretory, and reproductive systems. Is responsible for the cognitive and neo-cognitive function of the brain and secretion of various chemical neurotransmitters and hormones. The modification from having a normality in life is due to the impediment in its sensory and motor activities by other doshas (Pitta and Kapha), or Dushyas like dhatus or Malas, thus leading to the disease. In such case, the vata becomes teemed by kapha dosha, thus leading to reduced activity, faintness, and spasm.
Vata diseases, as described in Ayurveda includes a collection of neurological morbidities coupled inflammatory, degenerative, obstructive, and functional. According to Ayurveda, there is no complete cure for Motor Neuron Diseases. Its, classed as Kashta Saadhya roga (difficult to cure).
Motor Neuron Disease can be divided into four main types.
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Progressive bulbar palsy (PBP)
- Progressive muscular atrophy (PMA)
- Primary lateral sclerosis (PLS)
Symptoms for motor neuron disease:
- Spasticity and Spasm
- Weakness and spasticity of the muscles of the arms or legs.
- Difficulty in swallowing food and water.
- Slurring of speech
- Cramps, pains, and twitching in the muscles
- Change in voice
- Fatigue and muscles are wasting.
Causes for motor neuron disease:
- Physical and mental stress
- Buildup of toxins and impurities in tissues
- Improper diet
- Imbalance and deterioration of nervous system
- Imbalance of Vata
- Compromised immune response and resistance ability
Some Ayurvedic herbs used in motor neuron diseases:
- Brahmi (Bacopa moneiri)
- Mandukparni (Centella asiatica)
- Shankhpuspi (Convulvus pluricaulis)
Classical Ayurvedic medicines for motor neuron disease:-
- Brahmi vatti
Panchkarma Treatment for motor neuron disease:-
- Patarpotli Massage
- Shashtishali pind svedan
Deep Ayurveda Patient medicine for motor neuron diseases:-
- Nervocare Herbal capsule – 2 Cap twice a day
- Ashwagandha Capsule – 2 Cap twice a day
- Ayurvit Multivitamin – 2 Tsp 2-3 time in a day
- Livclear Herbal Capsule – 2 Cap twice a day before food
- Arthro Ayurvedic Pain Oil – Daily Massage on affected area
For more detail on motor neuron diseases treatment please visit our nearest clinic or if want to cosult with our Founder & M.D- Dr. Baldeep Kour then write with detail history at: firstname.lastname@example.org