Ayurvedic treatment of Hyperacidity:
The gastric glands in our stomach create acid which is very necessary to digest the food, but when they created more acid than needed for the digestion process, it commonly leads to various symptoms like burning sensation in the chest region, abdominal bloating, and heaviness, then this condition is known as Hyperacidity. And it mainly occurs when stomach acid flows back up into the food pipe and disturbs the linings.
Our stomach consists of acid (HCL – Hydrochloric acid), and its amount is pH4 and is important for us because whatever germs come into our stomach through the food that we consume, they die in the acidic environment, but if due to any of the reasons, if this acidic nature becomes more than the required it will lead to various symptoms.
Causes of Hyper Acidity:
Acid reflux is caused by the relaxation of the lower esophageal valve or sphincter. Normally the esophageal valve closes tightly after the food enters the stomach, but if it relaxes when it shouldn’t, the stomach contents rise back up into the esophagus and lead to various symptoms. The causes of hyperacidity are:
- Excess intake of Spicy, sour foods and beverages
- Exposure to the sun and heat
- Having food even a person suffering from Indigestion
- Excessive intake of white flour products.
- Addiction of alcoholism, and smoking, tea, and coffee
- Controlling the natural urges like stool and urine
- Stress and other mental disturbance
- Prolonged intake of various medications
- Health issues like Chronic kidney failure, Gastric outlet obstruction
- Other most common causes of acidity include: Aging, Fasting, Pregnancy, Obesity
Symptoms of Hyperacidity:
Different people experience different symptoms, but the most common are:
- Bloating and Heaviness in the abdomen
- Nausea or Vomiting
- On an empty stomach abdominal discomfort experienced by a person
- Loss of appetite
- Unexplained weight loss
- Sore throat and hoarseness
- Sour and bitter taste in the mouth
- Bad breathe
- Burping and belching
- Mouth ulcers
- Fatigue and Tiredness
Hyperacidity in Ayurveda:
In Ayurveda, hyperacidity can be co-related with Amlapitta. Due to wrong eating habits and changing lifestyles, there is a tremendous increase in disorders related to mahasrotas and amlapitta is one of them. It is a predominance disease that is related to Annavaha srotas and Purishvaha srotas occurs due to mandagni and ama. When there is an increase in Amla guna of pitta, it is called Amlapitta.
Causes of Hyperacidity according to Ayurveda:
The most common causes of Amlapitta are:
- Divashayan: sleeping in the daytime after meals
- Eating too late at night
- Skipping meals
- Lesser intake of water
- Excess intake of sugar, processed honey, artificial sweeteners like aspartame
Symptoms of Hyperacidity according to Ayurveda:
According to Ayurveda, the symptoms experienced by a person are:
- Amlodgar (eructation with sour taste)
- Shirashula (headache)
- Urodaha (burning sensation in chest region)
- Utklesha (nausea)
- Agnimandya (decreased appetite)
- Aruchi (loss of taste)
- Adhmana (abdominal distension)
Pathophysiology of Hyperacidity according to Ayurveda:
According to Ayurveda, due to the above-mentioned causes, the aggravated pitta impairs the digestive fire leading to improper digestion of food and results in the production of ama (toxins). This ama gets accumulated in the channels of the digestive system and causes Amalpitta.
Ayurvedic Treatment of Hyperacidity from Deep Ayurveda:
In Ayurveda, the Ayurvedic treatment of hyperacidity focused on balancing the aggravated pitta dosha, and the herbs prescribed to the patients are administrated to eliminate toxins from the body and cleanse the channels. By the elimination of the toxins, the mechanism of the digestive fire improves and leads to better digestion. The basic principle of Amlapitta treatment mainly includes nidhan parvivarjana, shodhana, and shaman chikitsa.
Deep Ayurveda provides 100% extract-based Ayurvedic formulations which work naturally in the management of diseases and prevents a person from upcoming complications. The medicines are formulated after various clinical trials and are free of steroids, chemicals, preservatives, and alternatives. For the Ayurvedic treatment of hyperacidity, those medicines are suggested that help in the detoxification of the body naturally and help in proper absorption, digestion, and improving the function of each organ. The Ayurvedic medicines in managing hyperacidity are given below:
Livclear Capsule: The composition of the livclear capsule is made up of 100% extract-based Ayurvedic herbs and is rich in Pitta balancing properties that improve the functioning of the liver organ, reduce inflammation, and provide relief from digestion-related issues. Livclear capsule is a highly effective supplement that can be used daily by a healthy person also for the prevention of liver-related disorders. The ingredients like makoy, bhumi-amla, katuki, kalmegh balance the aggravated doshas and are often used to support healthy liver function. Regular use of the Livclear capsule cleanses out the toxins and limits exposure to the bad germs which can impact liver functioning.
Virog Tablet: Virog tablet is an amazing formulation that is very helpful in the detoxification of the entire tissues, cells, and body. The formulation help in balance the tridosha and improving the functioning of the liver organ. It is very helpful to improving digestion and appetite to keep the body in harmony. The ingredients like hing, ajmod, jeera, dalchini work as a deepan-pachan and helps get rid of acidity, bloating abdominal distension, and heaviness.
Triyog Capsule: Triyog is a composition of Harad, Baheda, and Amla fruit that together works amazingly in the detoxification of the body and is widely used by the Ayurvedic Acharyas for colon cleansing for ancient times. It is one of the best choices in indigestion, loss of appetite, hyperacidity, abdominal bloating, and distension. Trifla capsule is rich in anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacterial properties that provide multiple health benefits by detoxification of the body and improving metabolism.
Herbal Powder Formulation: This is a composition of classical herbs that are used since ancient times and is one of the effective medicines for the Ayurvedic treatment of Hyperacidity. Its active components increase the acid production in the stomach and improve liver functions to secrete more bile salts. The active components of each ingredient will aid in digestion and reduce bloating and heaviness. Also, this preparation stimulates digestive juices and keeps abdominal troubles like acidity, indigestion at bay.
Diet and Lifestyle modifications for Hyperacidity:
Along with the medicines, a person has to take care of some diet and lifestyle modifications which are mentioned below:
- Avoid excess intake of aerated drinks, tea, and coffee.
- Drink at least about 8-9 glasses of water every day.
- Avoid excessive oily and fried food.
- Include cucumber, watermelon, and coconut water in the diet to soothe the digestive system.
- Avoid the intake of pickles, vinegar, and spicy sausages.
- Have vegetables like cabbage, carrot, spring onions, drumstick, and pumpkin.
- Increase the fiber-rich food in the diet.
- Having mini-meals throughout the day instead of large meals.
- Avoid the decrease in the intake of foods that contains excessive amounts of oil, chilies, garlic, and salt.
- Strictly avoid smoking, alcohol, and any type of drug.
- Avoid lying down in a supine position and immediately after food.
For more detail on ‘Ayurvedic Treatment of Hyperacidity’, please visit our nearest clinic or if you want to consult with our Chief Ayurveda Consultant & Founder – Dr. Baldeep Kour then write with detailed history at email@example.com
For regular health updates, please follow our Social Pages