The term Allergy is used to describe an overreaction to any substance in the whole environment that is harmless for most people, but induce an immune response that causes a variety of signs and symptoms in predisposed people. Ayurvedic Treatment of Respiratory Allergies – Respiratory allergies are characterized by sudden acute respiratory symptoms that are caused by an overreaction of our immune system to an allergen. Or it can be defined as a hypersensitivity to certain articles/stimuli like foods, environmental irritants, drugs, certain weathers, etc. These above substances act as antigens and give rise to a reaction in the body which involves the production of certain substances like histamine in the body. But if a person takes Ayurvedic Treatment of Respiratory Allergies in the initial stage, it can be cured at that time of its root cause and a person prevent from severity and complications of a disease.
Respiratory allergies are increasing worldwide. Around 20-30% of people suffer from Allergic rhinitis, and about 10-12% of people are affected by Asthma.
Causes of Respiratory Allergies:
The most common sources of allergens are pollen, perfumes, house dust mites, pets, cigarette smoking, and change in temperature – especially going from a warm to a cold environment or temperature, paint odors, furniture polish, mold spores which occurs in ill-maintained old houses and furniture, etc.
Respiratory allergies are caused by the presence of proteins in the air that are inhaled and trigger inflammation of airways. The increase in allergic diseases may be related to changes in the climate or environment. A warmer or hot climate can lead to a longer pollen season, and therefore, it increased the incidence of respiratory allergies.
Respiratory Allergy Symptoms Can be Classified As:
- Moderate, or
Description of each classification is given below:
- Mild symptoms include local symptoms (that affects a specific area of the body) like hives, sneezing, watery, or red eyes, runny nose, whistling noise while breathing, swollen eyelids, and itchiness. Mild symptoms do not spread to other parts of the body.
- Moderate symptoms described as when symptoms are spread to other parts of the body which include inflammation of the lining of the nose, shortness of breath, nasal congestion, cough, and a sense of chest tightness.
- Severe allergic symptoms, or also known as Anaphylaxis, it is rare and considered as a life-threatening emergency in which the body’s response to the allergen is sudden, and it affects the whole body. Within minutes, severe symptoms will appear, like throat swelling (which could cause problems with breathing and swallowing), vomiting, diarrhea, hives, severe headache, mental confusion, etc. These symptoms can progress to asthma or other respiratory diseases if not well treated.
Ayurvedic Point of View on Respiratory Allergies:
Ayurveda Acharyas termed as respiratory allergies as a ‘Shwasa Roga’ or ‘Shwasa Krichrata’.
Shwasa Roga is described as when the normal passage of Prana Vayu is obstructed by Kapha Dosha, it gets vitiated and starts moving in an upward direction, which is unable to perform its normal psychological functions and produces Shwasakashta.
Causes According to Ayurveda:
According to the Ayurveda, mainly two factors are responsible for the weakening of the immune system and the cause of respiratory allergies:
First is: Family history or genetic predisposition
And second is: Imbalance in three, main life balancing activities – Vata, Pitta, and Kapha.
These may trigger by:
- Excess exposure to unsuitable or unaccustomed: infected, excess dry, oily, heavy food, drink, wrong lifestyle and environment
- Any disturbance in the Agni (digestive system)
- Ama accumulation (toxins)
- Weak immune system
- High amounts of allergens in the body
- State of Dhatu (tissue), Agni (digestive fire), this determines which tissue or organ system will be affected
- Exposure to dust, smoke, cold air, bathing with cold water
- Injury of chest or throat
Symptoms According to Ayurveda:
A person who suffered from respiratory allergies can experience the following symptoms:
- Pain in the chest region
- Sweet less taste of the mouth
- Broken voice
- Dryness of throat
- Running nose
- Forceful bouts of respiration
- Pain in the region of flanks
Pathophysiology of Respiratory Allergies:
According to Ayurvedic concept, when Kapha dosha gets aggravated in the body, it will lead to Strotorodha (blockage in the smallest channels), especially in Prannavaha srotasa (in the upper respiratory tract).
Due to blockage or obstruction, the natural direction of the flow of Vata is blocked and it starts flowing in the reverse direction that condition is known as Pratilom.
Aggravated Prana vayu combines with deranged Kapha dosha in the lungs causing obstruction in the pranavaha srotas (respiratory tract). Hence, Vata is dry in nature and due to its pratilom gati, its natural lubrication is disturbed which leads to various symptoms such as difficulty in breathing, increased respiratory rate, etc.
Home Remedies & Ayurvedic Treatment of Respiratory Allergies:
In chronic condition, if a person takes home remedies along with the Ayurvedic Treatment of Respiratory Allergies, there are more chances to deal with such allergies quickly and a person get rid of seasonal allergies and other respiratory distress. Home remedies play an important role to overcome the symptoms and improve the functioning of the immune system.
Some effective home remedies are mentioned below:
Garlic and Ginger Cloves: Both these herbs are widely used in the treatment of acute to chronic respiratory diseases. They act as an anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial that works in reducing pain, inflammation, chest congestion, etc.
How to use: You can make a ginger tea and mixed 2-3 crushed garlic cloves within it. This remedy is very beneficial to release Kapha accumulation in the airways.
Honey and Cinnamon: This combination appears most helpful as a nighttime cough suppressant. This remedy may lubricate your airways and easing your cough. Honey helps in reducing the inflammation in the bronchial tubes and helps to break up the mucus that is making it is hard to breathe.
How to use: You can mix one teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/4th teaspoon of trikatu powder into a cup of boiling water. Let it steep for about 10 – 15 minutes and then add 1 teaspoon before drinking. Take this remedy once daily.
Bay leaf: Bay leaves are very beneficial in reducing inflammation, alleviating respiratory issues, and improve the digestive system. It acts as anti-bacterial and very effective in loosen up the phlegm and eliminate dangerous bacteria that may be trapped in your respiratory tracts.
How to use: Mix a half teaspoon of bay leaf in 1/4th teaspoon of pippali powder, and then add 1 teaspoon of honey in it. Take this effective home remedy two to three times a day.
Dietary and Lifestyle Changes:
Along with the Ayurvedic Treatment of Respiratory Allergies, modifications in the diet and lifestyle are very important, because by some precautions a person can easily overcome their symptoms and prevent further complications.
It is not only for a patient who suffered from allergies, even every person should adopt good, healthy food and lifestyle to prevent seasonal ailments – Ayurvedic Treatment of Respiratory Allergies:
- A person can use a Neti pot daily, with a saline solution and distilled water. This will help to loosen up the heaviness of Kapha and also clear out allergens that are sticking to the mucus membrane.
- Strictly avoid cold, heavy foods and drinks, and also wheat, dairy, sugar, meat, processed foods, iced beverages, because these products can slow down the digestion and imbalances the doshas.
- Nasya practice: A person can easily perform this procedure by dab a little bit of sesame oil spiked with camphor or eucalyptus in each nostril about an hour after using your Neti pot or you can do this procedure regularly.
- Increase the intake of warm spices like turmeric, ginger, cumin, cayenne, black pepper, cinnamon.
- Exercise daily for about 30 minutes, it will help to stimulate the Agni and improves the blood circulation, therefore eliminates the excess amount of toxins from the body. It may be in the form of a bike ride, a dance class, jogging, brisk walk, etc.
- Develop a Pranayama routine that includes Kapalbhati (skull polishing breath), Bastrika (bellows breath), Dirgha (three-part breath).
- Decrease Kapha aggravated diet and increase light and natural cooked foods, organic fruits, and vegetables. Cook the vegetables with a little bit of ghee or olive oil to soothe the mucus membrane.
- To eliminate the excess toxins from the body, a person can use Triphala in any form (powder, tablet, capsule). Triphala is the Ayurvedic trio of haritaki, amalaki, and bhibitaki, mainly works to cleanse and strengthen the digestive system.
- Also, a person can take Trikatu, a combination of long pepper, ginger, and black pepper, before meals to heat up the Agni (digestive fire).
- Avoid known triggers such as pets, deodorants, perfumes, pets, specific food items, etc.
- Maintenance of personal hygiene and clean your home environment neat and clean which can control house dust mite and fungal molds and spores.
- Avoid excess exposure to cold wind, wet clothes, and a sudden change of temperature.
Ayurvedic Treatment of Respiratory Allergies:
Ayurvedic Treatment of Respiratory Allergies – An allergic reaction is an unwanted unprovoked attack on our immune system, and the best way to deal with them, is to eliminate the root cause. Ayurveda has many herbs, minerals that remove the toxins, soothes the tract, balance the doshas, and strengthen the immune system.
While other pathies provide a symptomatic treatment only, they just gave antibiotics, anti-inflammatory, analgesics, and some other highly chemical-based drugs that only suppress the symptoms and results in side effects and complications in the future. They have a limited choice of drugs to overcome the symptoms for a short while only like acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, guaifenesin, etc, but these medicines provide temporary relief and slow the recovery rate.
If Ayurveda has the choice to eliminate toxins from the body, then why should be taken poisonous drugs just to overcome the symptoms only?Follow Ayurveda, Adopt Ayurveda, and cure your diseases naturally.
If you are looking for genuine, result-oriented, authentic Ayurvedic Treatment of Respiratory Allergies, ‘DEEP AYURVEDA’s COMPANY ‘is there for you. We made 100% extract-based products, free from adulteration, preservative, side-effects, and complications. All the composition of each product is formed by the experienced Doctor by following the proper guidelines of Ayurveda.
We provide the best and genuine Ayurvedic Treatment of Respiratory Allergies that works on the root cause of the disease in a ‘Respiratory Disease Treatment‘ that contains a total of 5 Ayurvedic products named as Capsule Curcumin, Capsule Livclear, Swasani Syrup, Capsule Swasani, and Herbal powder formulation. All the products are extract-based, pure, genuine, clinically tested, and certified.
Description of the Medicines is Given Below:
Curcumin plays an important role to cure all respiratory conditions like acute lung injury, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, allergic asthma, acute respiratory distress syndrome, etc. The herb acts as anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidants, analgesic, and has an abundant amount of wound healing properties. Hence, by the use of the capsule, it helps to fight allergies, reduces inflammation, and provides strength to the respiratory system.
Livclear capsule is made up of kal megh, katuki, makoy, bhringraj, neem, etc. that supports the digestive procedure and helps to eliminate the harmful toxins from the body. Also, it improves the functioning of the liver and digestive system that prevents the formation of Ama or toxins in the body.
Swasini capsules are very beneficial to treat acute as well as chronic allergies, cough, cold, bronchitis, breathlessness, etc. It is composed of bharangi, vasa, dalchini, yashtimadhu, pippali, tulsi, etc., that expel the kapha and provide clear airways. The capsules are very effective in detoxifying the lungs and cure almost all varieties of respiratory disorder.
The herbal syrup is used to cure all the respiratory diseases and help to strengthen the respiratory organs. The ingredients act as antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, and immune-boosting properties. The herbal syrup is composed of anantmool, shirish, yashtimadhu, dalchini, tulsi, pippali, etc, that deals with different types of respiratory ailments.
Herbal Powder Formulation:
This includes a combination of various classical herbs and minerals that works at the root cause and eliminates the Kapha, clears the obstructed airways, and allows a person to breathe freely. Ayurvedic Treatment of Respiratory Allergies – Also, the composition improves the functioning of the respiratory system and prevents a person from various infections.
Due to today’s environment, every person has to suffer from some common allergies once in a life, thus we just suppressed it by taking harmful chemicals.
Some people used a few medicines on their own without knowing side effects of that, even in every home there is a bundle of crocin, disprin, B complex capsules, vitamin C capsules, citrizin, etc. When they got a little cough or cold, they just take it and accumulates a number of toxins in their organs, and later on, it result in various side effects and complications that are difficult to cure at that time. Continuous intake of allopathic medicines causes congestion, intermittent headache, breathlessness, sleep problems, etc.
Instead of using these harmful chemicals, it is better to take natural herbs that are available in a high amount from nature itself. A person can include amla fruit, curcumin, ashwagandha, giloy, neem, tulsi, heeng, kali marich, coriander, ginger, desi ghee, etc, to boost their immunity and improve the functioning of all the organs.
If a person has as much strong immunity he/she can deal with such types of allergies very easily and prevent further complications.The best way to deal with acute to chronic diseases is ‘Ayurveda’ which ensures proper treatment and free from side effects.
For more detail on ‘Respiratory Disease Treatment‘, please visit our nearest clinic or if you want to consult with our Chief Ayurveda Consultant & Founder – Dr. Baldeep Kour then write with detail history at email@example.com