Chronic Kidney Disease Treatment – CKD stands for Chronic Kidney Disease. Chronic means the disease has been with you since quite some time. CKD is a medical condition in which kidney gradually loses its function in a due course of time and leading to various health issues. A healthy kidney means a healthy life. And on the other hand, if you have damaged kidneys, the ability of your kidneys to remove waste from your body will alter and a buildup of this waste inside your body will be the cause of many other diseases as well. How scary this looks and of course, it is!
Diabetes can be the reason of Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) as well, though many other disorders can be the cause. It is advisable to get yourself checked and start the medical treatment on time to prevent any major issues. If the condition worsens, even a kidney transplant has to be done. Don’t worry; we have some surprise for you!
To deal with this serious condition, there are different ways such as tips and tricks to handle a disease and live a healthy life. Chronic kidney disease treatment as per Ayurveda, It can help you to manage CKD problem. Read below to know more about this disease and what you can do to manage it.
Chronic Kidney Disease Stages:
National Kidney Foundation (NKF) has created a list of stages to help the doctors understand the level of kidney disease and provide the best help to treat CKD. To measure the activity of kidney, it is important to know the Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR).
Here are the five stages of CKD:
- First stage occurs when the Glomerular Filtration Rate is >90 mL/min, also known as a normal or high GFR.
- Second stage occurs when GFR is between 60-89 mL/min, this is a mild condition.
- Third Stage which is the moderate condition in which the GFR falls down to 45-59 mL/min. If GFR falls further, that is 30-44 mL/min, this condition is also termed moderate.
- Severe CKD occurs when the GFR is below 30 mL/min in the range of 15-29 mL/min.
- The last stage of CKD occurs when GFR is less than 15 mL/min.
Chronic Kidney Disease Symptoms:
Various health issues can arise due to Chronic Kidney Disease, here are some of the symptoms you can start observing if you have CKD.
- Unable to eat properly, lack of appetite.
- Skin feels dry and itchy.
- Unable to sleep comfortably.
- Facing trouble while urination.
- Always feeling tired and fatigue.
- Swollen eyes, dark under eye circles can be seen.
- Muscles can ache or even cramps can irritate.
- Frequent urination all day long, nights can be troublesome.
Causes of Chronic Kidney Disease:
The main cause of Chronic Kidney Disease is diabetes. Even high blood pressure is another reason of CKD. Nearly 70% cases of CKD (Chronic Kidney Disease) happen due to diabetes and high blood pressure (hypertension). Other causes can be Kidney Inflammatory or Infection (Glomerulonephritis), polycystic kidney (cysts in the kidney) and even malformations which occur when a baby develops inside a mother’s womb.
Chronic Kidney Disease Treatment as per Ayurveda:
More than 1 million cases of CKD are reported in India every year and many of them even lose their lives due to the ignorance or failure of medicines.
- If you are a smoker, the first thing you should do is quit smoking! Since your body needs to remove the toxins, it is best not to add more.
- If you have been diagnosed with kidney stones, make sure you get rid of them.
- Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa) is one of the excellent herbs which is known to have diuretic properties. It contributes in forming new red blood cells and even helps in purifying blood.
- Varuna is an potent herb can treat various diseases such as urinary tract infections, kidney problems and even the problems associated with bones and joints.
- Gokshura is another formulation which is known to support the kidneys helping them to function properly.
- Shirish is an excellent medicine which can treat diseases related to kidneys and urinary tract.
- Triphala can also help in bowel movement.
Chronic Kidney Disease Diet:
Diet plan for patients suffering from CKD should be strict. Here is the list of herbs you should include in your diet for a healthy change.
- Radish leaves are good to be included in your diet. You can cook the leaves or even extract juice out of the radish leaves.
- Drink boiled water with tulsi leaves in it, every morning.
- Eating watermelon every day can be helpful as well.
- Coconut water is also tremendously good for your kidneys.
- Bottle gourd is excellent for kidney troubles.
There are a list of remedies available to heal Chronic Kidney Disease but the natural remedies are the best as they can prove beneficial, also produce no side effects. Visiting an Ayurvedic expert prior to consumption of Ayurvedic medicines is crucial to understand your medical condition before. You can experience symptoms when you may be suffering from CKD, but consulting a doctor is important to get rid of the disease. You can face troubles while eating but try to follow a healthy diet, include all the essential herbs and treat yourself naturally!
There is almost no disease which could not be treated by Ayurveda, just make sure that you see your doctor on time and get your medications properly!!!
CKD is a severe condition since it has been with you since long and possibly had affected your system by now! It can be due to diabetes, since diabetes and kidneys are inter related. So if you suffer from diabetes, make sure you get your kidneys checkups timely. Chronic kidney disease treatment in Ayurveda, It can help you to manage CKD problem, there are a number of herbs available naturally which can heal your body and purify it as well, it is though recommended to visit an Ayurvedic expert on time and take good care of yourself!
For more detail on Chronic Kidney Disease Treatment, please visit our nearest clinic or if you want to consult with our Chief Ayurveda Consultant & Founder – Dr.Baldeep Kour then write with detail history at firstname.lastname@example.org