Prevent Migraines Naturally
Prevent migraines – A migraine is a very common form of a headache seen in 15% of the population. Mostly women are more likely suffer from a migraine, then men. In Ayurvedic, migraine is very similar to anatt-vata, a vata dosha disorder.
Causes of Migraines
A migraine is a tri-dosha disorder. Out of three doshas, vata and Pitta doshas, are the prominent factor. Vata controls the nervous systems and brain activity then imbalance of vata dosha causes the diseases.
- Vata imbalance ie; arose due to improper metabolism, poor elimination mental and physical stress, viewing of TV Long period and sleepless An underlying central nervous disorder may set off a migraine episode when triggered.
- Irregularities in the brain’s blood vessel system, or vascular system, may cause migraines.
- A genetic predisposition may cause migraines
- Abnormalities of brain chemicals and nerve pathways may cause migraine episodes.
Migraines Due to VATA
A migraine due to pitta
Redness, and burning sensation in the eye, nose bleeds, hypersensitivity of light.
Migraines Due to KAPHA
Symptoms of Migraines
- Trouble in hearing
- Vomiting and nausea
- Slurred speech
- Sensitivity to sound light and smell
- Temporary blindness or double vision
Natural Ways to Prevent Migraines :
Diet : Good dietary habits would help us maintain good health and offer immunity from recurring bouts of a headache.
YOGA : YOGA is known to offer both cure and immunity from A a headache.
PANCHKARMA : Nasya or medicated oil drops are used for the treatment of a migraine is two types.
The first is called shiro virechan which is strong irritant medicines and instilled as nasal drops, which include sneezing or watery discharge.
The second is avadipak nasya in which a paste is, prepared from herb or liquid is, inserted in the nostrils. Usually, herbs like Vacha and Pippali are, used along with honey.
The medicated enema used in a migraine is called anu-vasan basti. A Small quantity of medicated oil usually, about 50 ml are given at regular interval, and also oil of sesame and Maha- Narayan oil used for this purpose.Sirodhara is also helpful in migraine.
Ayurvedic Medication to Prevent Migraines By Deep Ayurveda
Suvarnasutashshekhara Rasa : This is the most commonly prescribed Ayurvedic drug for Migraine treatment in ayurveda. it is given in the dose 125mg twice daily taken with milk.
Godhanti bhasam: 1 gm thrice daily with honey
Other preparations include Triphala guggul, tribhuvankirti ras.
Some useful herbs useful, in treating migraine are Ginger, Brahmi, Jatamansi.
In order to prevent recurrence of migraine attacks following medication are prescribed,
dashmoolaritha, anu taila for nasya, vidhwansana ras, chandanaadi vati, shirashooladi vajra ras, kumaryasava,
bhoonimba khada; it is used, in fever Cold sinusitis headache.
Kamdhuda Ras: it is, used in all high pitta conditions
Pathyadi kwath: it is used in the treatment of a headache, earache pain in temporal region migraine etc.
Ayurvedic Therapies for A Migraine
Shirolepa- application of herbal paste which pacifies pitta doshas like sandalwood, camphor.
Shirodhara- pouring a thin stream of liquid over the scalp.
Shirovasti- retaining the medicated oils over the leather and cap fitted over the scalp. Any vata pitta pacifying oils are beneficial for this purpose.
Natural Home Remedies for Migraine Treatment in Ayurveda :
- Take coriander seeds powder 1 teaspoon add it one cup of water leaves it as night next day drink on it empty stomach.
- One fist full of doorva grass is taken, and its fresh juice is obtained, and two pinches of liquorice are added and mixed well. This is consumed during noon hours.
- Soak five raisins and five almond in water at night next day morning eat them.
For more detail on Migraine treatment in ayurveda, please visit our nearest clinic or if want to consult with our Founder & M.D- Dr. Baldeep Kour then write with detail history at: firstname.lastname@example.org