Organic Arjuna Bark Powder (Terminalia Arjuna)
Arjuna is a large deciduous tree that reaches up to 70-80 feet commonly found throughout the greater parts of the country. It is an evergreen tree with conical leaves and yellow flowers. Organic Arjuna bark powder contains essential minerals for the health of our heart such as potassium, and several other components such as arjunolic acid, polyphenols, arjungenin, and gallates. Due to its rich cardio-tonic properties, it helps to strengthen the heart muscles and is indicated in various heart-related disorders.
- Sanskrit : Kakubha, Partha
- Hindi : Arjuna
- Marathi : Arjuna, Sadada
- Oriya : Arjuna
- Punjabi : Arjon
- Urdu : Arjun
Chemical Constituents of Arjuna:
The major chemical constituents of Arjuna are triterpenoids, saponins, polyphenols, flavonoids, tannins, and sterols.
Ayurvedic Action and Properties of Arjuna:
- Guna (qualities): Laghu (light), Ruksha (roughness)
- Rasa (Taste): Astringent, bitter, slightly pungent
- Vipak (Post digestive effect): Pungent
- Veerya (potency): Sheet (cooling)
- Dosha karma (properties): Kapha-Pitta Shaamak
Therapeutic Uses of Arjuna:
- The medicinal properties of Arjuna strengthen and tone the circulatory system, thus helping in the rejuvenation of the soft tissues, and promoting proper function of the heart muscles.
- Organic arjuna powder helps in reducing excess pitta from the liver and skin, thus supporting the proper functioning of the liver and providing a healthy and clear complexion.
- The bark of the Arjuna plant is rich with astringent, cooling, expectorant, and aphrodisiac properties.
- Organic arjuna powder helps to strengthen and maintain the integrity of gastric mucosa (the lining of the stomach).
Dose of Organic Arjuna Bark Powder:
1-3 g of the drug in organic arjuna bark powder.
Ayurvedic Pharmacopeia of India.
For health updates, please follow our Social Pages