Praval Pishti – Ayurvedic Classical Medicine:
Praval Pishti is an Ayurvedic medicine which is prepared from Coral. Praval is the name given to coral in Hindi and in Ayurveda. However, coral calcium powder is not used directly in Ayurveda. Coral calcium powder is processed with edible rose water and ground to make a micro-fine powder. The coral calcium powder processed with rose water is known as Praval Pishti. It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of various health complications like cough, cold, Pitta related diseases, etc. It should only be taken strictly under medical supervision.
Ingredient of Praval Pishti:
- Shuddha Pravala – Purified Coral
- Rose water – quantity sufficient.
Method of Preparation:
Take purified Coral and it is pounded to powder form then it is thoroughly ground with rose water for 3 – 4 days, till it becomes as fine as collyrium and finally to obtain Pishti.
Dosage of Praval Phisti:
125 mg – 250 mg once or twice a day before or after food along with honey, butter or ghee or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
Praval Pishti (Coral calcium) is helpful in following health conditions:
- Bleeding disorders
- Calcium deficiency
- General debility
- Burning sensation
- Ulcerative colitis
- Anxiety with restlessness and worrying
- Heart Palpitation
- Non-productive cough
- Asthma with difficulty in coughing up sputum
- Low bone mineral density
- Premature greying of hair
- Hair fall
- Post-Menopausal Osteoporosis Prevention
- Painful periods (especially membranous dysmenorrhea)
- Breast tenderness
- Oligospermia (if person is also suffering with acidity and heat sensation)
There are no known side effects. It is best to use under medical supervision.
Avaliable in 10 gm pack.
Ayurveda Sara Sangraha, Shodhana marana prakarana