Psoriasis Treatment in Ayurveda:
Psoriasis is an auto immune and a chronic disease that often comes and goes. It is a type of the skin condition that speeds up the life cycle of Twak (skin ) cells and causes (Twak) cells to build up rapidly on the surface of the skin. Then the extra skin cells form red and scaly patches that are itchy, dry, and sometimes very painful. But,you can get useful Psoriasis Treatment in Ayurveda.
Psoriasis usually starts in the scalp, below the knees, palms of the hand, soles of the feet, elbows, or in the back of the ears. This disease usually occurs before the age of 40, most commonly between the ages of 15 and 25 years, and it affects men and women almost equally. It is result of rapid skin cell proliferation, characterized by the absence of sweating, dryness of the skin, severe itching, and white silvery scales.
Causes of Psoriasis:
Both physical, and environmental factors can cause the formation of psoriasis. Common causes may include :
Skin infections (e.g. streptococcal, viral)
Injury to the skin is also one of the reason , such as a cut or scrape, severe sunburn, too much scratching.
Stress, and other mental illnesses
Heavy alcohol, smoking consumption
People working in industrial areas
Weak immune system
Deficiency of vitamin D
Certain medications, such as beta blockers, antimalarial drugs, and iodides
Metabolic factors (e.g. calcium deficiency)
Hormonal factors (e.g. pregnancy)
Symptoms of Psoriasis:
The most common symptoms that every individual has to experience are :
- Red patches over the skin covered with thick, silvery scales
- Dry, cracked skin that may bleed sometimes
- Itching, or burning sensation
- Thickened, and pitted nails
- Swollen, stiff, tender joints
Risk Factors of Psoriasis : Family History :
Family history is one of the most significant risks factors. Parent having with psoriasis increases your risk of getting the disease.
- Cold temperatures : Winter makes symptoms worse, and people who already suffered from some skin infections are at a great risk of having psoriasis.
- Viral and bacterial infections : People who already suffered with HIV, or any other chronic disease are more likely to witness of psoriasis than people with healthy immune systems. Also, those Children and young adults who suffered from recurring infections, particularly strep throat, also may be at increased risk.
- Stress : Stress can impact your immune system, high stress levels may disturb the hormonal secretions and increase your risk of psoriasis.
- Smoking : Continuous intake of smoking, or other drug increase the severity of psoriasis and other skin infections.
- Skin injury : Psoriasis can appear more on areas of your skin where sunburns, scratches, or other injuries have occurred.
- Certain medical illness : People who suffered from diabetes, cardiovascular disease, high blood lipid, or any inflammatory disease are more likely to have this condition.
Type of Psoriasis
: Several types of psoriasis may include:
- Plaque Psoriasis : It is the most common type in which skin become dry, red, cracked, covered with silvery scales. It can be occured in any part of body, and plaques might be itchy or painful and there may be few or many.
- Nail Psoriasis : Nail psoriasis can mainly affect fingernails, toenails, and cause abnormal nail growth and discoloration. Psoriatic nails become loosen and separate from the nail bed very easily which is termed as onycholysis.
- Guttate Psoriasis : This type affects young adults and children, and usually triggered by a bacterial infection such as strep throat. A person may suffered from a small, water-drop-shaped, scaling lesions on your trunk, arms, legs and scalp.
- Inverse Psoriasis : This type of psoriasis mainly affects the skin in the armpits, groin, under the breasts and around the genitals. A person may experience the worst symptoms when there is a deposition of sweat and skin become more red, and inflamed.
- Pustular Psoriasis : This type of psoriasis can occur in widespread patches, or in smaller areas on your hands, feet or fingertips. Area become red, tender, and pus-filled blisters appears.
- Erythrodermic Psoriasis : Erythrodermic psoriasis can cover entire part of the body, and skin become red, burning sensation, rash and blister formation occur.
- Psoriatic Arthritis : Psoriatic arthritis causes swollen, tender, painful joints that are typical of arthritis. Its Symptoms range from mild to severe, and psoriatic arthritis can affect any joint of the body. Many people effect with this condition can experience morning stiffness, severe pain in the joints.
Ayurvedic Point of View:
Ayurveda believes that impurities in the blood associated with emotional factors are the main causative factors to develop the disease. Ayurvedic texts, psoriasis is described as a “Kushtha Roga”, and it is “krucchasadhya,” and “asadhya”, meaning intractable, and incurable. Kitibha, Ekakushtha, and Sidma are some other common types of Kshudra and Maha Kustas (skin diseases) described in Ayurveda that closely resemble the classical symptoms of Psoriasis.
Pathogenesis According to the Ayurveda:
According to the ayurveda the aggravation of Vata and Kapha doshas either by dietary, or lifestyle wrong habits play a key causative role in the genesis of this chronic skin disease. Due to the above said causative factors, mainly Vata and Kapha dosha become imbalanced, and they further vitiate Twak (skin), Rakta (blood), Mamsa (flesh). Also, vitiated doshas and malas with and without ama (undigested food), in turn, adversely affect the skin (twak), blood tissues (rakta dhatu), and jala mahabhautic components (watery elements) of the skin region. These results in the discoloration of skin and it appears whitish or coppery color (Kapha), scaly and thin (Vata). Later on, they dry the water element of skin, and make it dry, cracked, red.
Causes According to the Ayurveda:
Following are the main causes that are mentioned in the Ayurvedic texts :
- Excess intake of sour, salty, fried, oily food
- Regular Intake of green leafy vegetables along with milk is also a cause of psoriasis.
- Continuous intake of food barley, millets, grains, etc along with milk, curd, buttermilk, oil.
- Consumption of foodstuffs in the wrong combination ie: dairy products with fish or chicken), too much intake of yogurt, black gram, seafood, etc.
- Excess intake of marshy animals or aquatic animals
- Suppression of natural urges, like vomiting, urinary, bowel, etc.
Symptoms According to the Ayurveda:
अस्वेदनं महावास्तु यन्मत्स्यशकलोपमम्| तदेककुष्टं
- Absence of sweating (asvedana)
- Extensive localization (mahavastu)
- It resembles like scales of fish (yanmatsya shakalppamam)
- Itching (kandu)
- Pricking sensation (nistoda)
- Numbness (suptata)
- Skin discoloration (Arunavarna)
- Blackening of the part (krishnavarna), etc
Diet and Lifestyle Modifications for Psoriasis Treatment in Ayurveda:
Psoriasis Treatment in Ayurveda – Some diet, and lifestyle changes may overcome the symptoms and also prevents the condition from severity. One should follow the given below precautions :
- Decrease the intake of sour, salty, oily, acidic, fried food, excess intake of pickles, fast food, ice creams, sausages, carbonated drinks, frozen foods, fermented, bakery items etc.
- Avoid rubbing, pricking, peeling, or scratching your skin.
- Use cotton clothes, and avoid cleaning up right after heavy work out, travelling, long walk, exercise, gyming, etc.
- Eat light, and healthy food that can digested easily.
- Decrease or avoid citrus fruits such as lemon, orange, apple, mango, grapes, tomato, pineapple, curd, and buttermilk.
- Except almonds, and raisins, decrease all the dried fruits.
- Strictly avoid the intake of alcohol, smoking, or any other harmful drug.
- Instead of common salt use rock salt (saindhav lavan).
- Do exercise daily for about 30-45 minutes, it will help in the proper circulation of blood and also stimulate the hormones. Or, a person can also do some asana like, uttanasana, trikonsana, bhujangasana, pawanmuktasana, etc.
- Avoid all non-vegetarian food, red chiles, green chiles, chile powder, etc. it may trigger the symptoms.
Best Home Remedies for Psoriasis Treatment in Ayurveda :
Other than medicines, if a person should apply some natural home remedies, this plays an important role to overcome the symptoms of psoriasis, and every person can apply these below mentioned home remedies at home.
Flaxseeds contain a high abundant of omega-3 fatty acids that help to block a chemical in your body called arachidonic acid that causes inflammation. Regular intake of flaxseed provides proper amount of natural oils to the skin and retain its moisture.
How to Use:
You can grind a few amounts of flaxseeds (Alsi) and add to smoothies, oatmeal, granola, or salads. You can also use flaxseed (Alsi) oil as a dressing for salads and veggies.
Curcumin is the active ingredient in turmeric and is thought to have much of healing capabilities. It acts as an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and protect the skin by neutralizing free radicals and reducing wound-healing time.
How to Use:
A person can use turmeric every day by adding in it to meals. Or, mix one teaspoon of turmeric in a glass of warm milk, and take this herbal remedy everyday.
Olive oil is a natural oil packed with omega-3 fatty acids which reduce inflammation. It helps to moisture the skin, and prevent it from dryness, irritation, burning sensation, etc.
How to use:
Warm the olive oil and apply it over affected areas of the skin to soften scaly patches. Add olive oil to your diet, it can help heal your skin from the inside out.In case of scalp psoriasis, apply the warm olive oil on the scalp and remain it whole night, then wash it morning with normal water.
It is rich in anti-inflammatory and healing compounds, and provides a nice cooling sensation to itchy skin, burning sensation, dryness, etc.
How to Use:
Apply pure Aloe vera gel to the affected parts two to three times daily for a few weeks to notice a difference.
Apple Cider Vinegar:
It acts as an antiseptic, antibacterial, antioxidant, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory which has long been used to soothe skin inflammation, itchiness, burning sensation, etc.
How to Use:
Take two to three tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a bowl, and dip a cotton ball in cider then apply it directly to scaly areas. Do this procedure twice or thrice daily.
Make a solution from 1 part of apple cider vinegar to 3 parts lukewarm water, then soak a cotton cloth in the liquid solution and apply it for at least one minute.
Bitter gourd has powerful antioxidants, and packed with several important nutrients that help in detoxification and to eliminate the harmful toxins from the body as well as from blood. It is rich in vitamin A, and C which aids in treating psoriasis and other skin problems.
How to use:
You can drink a combination of bitter gourd juice and lemon first things in the morning empty stomach two time or thrice in a week to get provide relief from psoriasis.
Psoriasis Treatment in Ayurveda :
Psoriasis Treatment in Ayurveda includes counseling, lifestyle management, diet management, stress management, oral Ayurvedic medicines, immunomodulators for immunity, topical treatments, regular follow-up appointments and yoga and meditation to relieve mental stress.
First external and internal detoxification is required for the management of all the skin diseases. Ayurveda has numerous natural herbs that works wonder to solve this problem. Even we use common herbs in our daily life like, turmeric, flax seed, aloe vera, lemon, etc. By the research of herbs and adopting the fundamental guidelines of Ayurveda, Deep Ayurveda, prepare a proper Ayurvedic treatment (Psoriasis Treatment in Ayurveda) after cure acute to chronic conditions of psoriasis in a ‘Psoriasis Care Pack’. It consists a total of six products named as : Livclear Capsule, Skin care Capsule, Nervocare Capsule, Mahamanjishtgadi kwarth, Herbal Powder Formulation, and Herbal Oil Formulation. The medicines are prepared from 100% extract of the natural herbs and are free from side effects. Description of the medicines are given below :
Livclear capsule mainly works to detoxify the liver and supports its functioning. It is combination of makoy, katuki, punarnava, kakmegh, kaasni, etc., that helps in the detoxification, and also regenerate the liver cells. Psoriasis or any skin problem occur due to the imbalance in the functioning of liver, and in that case this capsule play an important role to cure the condition.
Twakdetox Psoriasis Care Cap:
Twakdetox capsule is very beneficial to cure all the skin diseases by the properties of blood purification, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, etc. It is beneficial in almost all types of infections due to its anti-biotic properties. Further, it prevents secondary infections, and reduces all the associated symptoms of psoriasis and very best remedy widly used in Psoriasis Treatment in Ayurveda by the team of ayurvedic doctor.
The capsule is composed of various natural herbs such as vacha, jatamansi, tagar, brahmi, tagar, etc., that balance the aggravated doshas, and help in proper circulation of the blood and other hormones.
This is a classical ayurvedic herbal formulation that cleanses the blood, cures inflammation, brings glow to skin, and prevents various skin infections. It is made up of kutaja, guduchi, musta, manjishtha, haridra, nimba, patola, vidanga, chitraka, vasa, etc. Mahamanjishthadi Kwath also provides a cooling effect to the body and reduces the symptoms of psoriasis.
Classical Formulation Mix:
This is the mixture of various classical natural herbs & minerals that balance the aggravated doshas and stimulate a proper circulation of blood and other hormones. Also, it eliminates toxins from the body and regulates the proper functioning of all the organs. Classical medicine play a important role for the management and Psoriasis Treatment in Ayurveda system of medicine.
Herbal Oil Formulation:
This is for external application that provide a cooling effect to the skin and helps in the reduction of scales, burning sensation, itchiness, dryness, etc. Regular use of the oil provide a moisture to the skin and also give a complexion, luster to the skin.
For more detail on Psoriasis Treatment in Ayurveda AND Skin Disease Treatment, please visit our nearest clinic or if you want to consult with our Chief Ayurveda Consultant & Founder – Dr.Baldeep Kour then write with detail history at email@example.com or Whatsapp at +91-9216582021CLICK HERE TO BOOK FREE CONSULATATION FROM OUR AYURVEDA EXPERTS Click here to know Detail about the treatment management of psoriasis in ayurveda