Psoriasis Causes & Symptoms, and Psoriasis Treatment in Ayurveda
Causes of Psoriasis:
- Diet and lifestyle: As diet and lifestyle can cause various problems in the body, psoriasis is also a disease that affects due to improper diet and lifestyle.
- Immune system: Psoriasis is an autoimmune condition where our own immune attacks its healthy cells. Here, in psoriasis, white blood cells known as T cells mistakenly attack the skin cells. Whereas in general white blood cells are deployed to attack and destroy invading bacteria and viruses. These attacks on the skin cells also cause red, inflamed areas of skin to develop plaques hence give rise to psoriasis.
- Hereditary: Some people inherit genes that make them prone to develop psoriasis, this disease is also inherited one.
Symptoms of Psoriasis:
- Discoloration of thy skin is the prime symptom.
- Patchy skin – Patches of red, silver-colored scales, with inflamed skin. It could cover the entire body or may present in patches. These patches can be itchy or painful skin that can crack or bleed.
- Sometimes burning sensation is also present.
- Often person complaints of digestion issues.
- It can also affect the nails and scalp. The nails may also start to crumble or detach from the nail bed or hair fall can be reported if the scalp is involved.
- Recurrent infections
- Stress and strain
- Smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Diseases history such as diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.
- Environmental changes
Psoriasis Treatment in Ayurveda:
There are various Herbs that are explained for Psoriasis Treatment in Ayurveda
- Neem – Neem extract is used to prepare these capsules. These capsules help to manage all types of skin ailment. These capsules are full of medicinal properties just like the herb neem, antibacterial, antioxidant and detoxifying properties.
- Giloy – It is an immune-modulator herb that is helpful in autoimmune disorders, purifies blood and skin disorders. Giloy contains anti-aging property that helps reduce dark spots, pimples, fine lines and psoriasis. It aids glowing skin.
- Haridra – It is anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial in nature. Turmeric is useful for headaches, bronchitis, colds, lung infections, fibromyalgia, leprosy, fever, menstrual problems, itchy skin, etc.
- Kumari (Aloevera) – Aloe vera is also present in this herbal soap. These herbs helps in maintaining healthy moisturized skin. It helps in the skin management against all the infectious diseases.
- Triphla – Amla, Haritaki and Vibhitaki are in combine called as Triphla. It helps to detoxify the body by eliminating Ama from the body. It has rejuvenating action on the body.
- Manjishtha – Manjishtha is a blood purifier and is effective in blood disorders, skin problems and lymph node enlargement. It helps to pacify pitta dosha in our body.
- Chandana – It is a pitta shamak herb. It helps to purify the blood, subsides burning sensation and helps to restore the normal color.
Consequences of Psoriasis:
If you have Psoriasis, you are prone to get some other conditions such as:
- Psoriatic arthritis, a condition that causes joint pain and swelling.
- Joints problem
- Cardiovascular problem
- Metabolic disorders like diabetes, hypertension, etc.
Along with herbs, a proper diet is very important- Light and wholesome food should be consumed. Leafy and bitter vegetables should be consumed as it helps in cleansing the blood. Intake of heavy, sour food, milk, curd, meat of animals, etc. should be avoided.
Yoga and exercises are also very important to lead a healthy and normal life. It will give you strong immunity that impacts a lot to heal quickly from the diseases.
It’s always advisable to consult a physician first and trust me; an Ayurvedic expert can give you the best guidance. It is true that natural remedies and treatments can indeed help you heal from the skin problems well and even quickly. Ayurvedic treatments work wonders. Topical medicines or even oral medicines are perfect if naturally prepared since they will cause no side effects and thus, you are free of toxicity.
For more detail on Psoriasis Treatment (psoriasis treatment in ayurveda), please visit our nearest clinic or if you want to consult with our Chief Ayurveda Consultant & Founder – Dr.Baldeep Kour then write with detail history at email@example.com or Whatsapp at +91-9216582021