Talking about the smog, it is the smoke and fog existing mutually in the air. Smog can block breathing passages which can further decrease the working capacity of the lungs, and cause shortness of breath, it can hurt when inhaling deeply, wheezing, and coughing. Hence, the end result is the number of health problems we face. According to a survey, 6% of the children and 2% of adults in India are Asthmatic.
Delhi citizens are already in trouble since Diwali because the air quality index (AQI) has crossed all times high of 1000, thus corrupting the air quality. Causing visibility issues and also, a number of health conditions. To conclude, Delhi is in a state of emergency!!
What do you mean by Respiratory Tract Infection (RTI)?
The lungs are always operational, that is, 24*7 on duty and they need a lot of lubrication. All the three doshas play a role in causing a disease. Most respiratory issues involve regulating water across the membrane of the lungs between the inside of the body and the outside environment. Vata can cause dryness, pitta can bring inflammation and kapha can cause blockages. Respiratory Tract Infection, RTIs can be the infections of the sinuses, throat, lungs and airways. Mostly infections are caused by the bacteria or viruses. Common cold being the most commonly observed respiratory tract infection.
Although, Respiratory Tract Infection can be of two types, including upper respiratory tract infection that usually affect the nose, sinuses and throat. The second type is the lower respiratory tract infection that affects the airways and the lungs.
How to Tackle Respiratory Tract Infection?
Although many medications are accessible to deal with these health issues, it is always recommended to treat problems naturally by using the brilliant science of Ayurveda and thus, decreasing the side effects and leading a healthy life.
The herbs existing to us naturally can prove beneficial and thus, can cure the respiratory tract infections completely. Ayurvedic medicines combine all the herbs which are of great use to assemble medications which can show immense results.
Including these herbs to your daily diet plan can also prove advantageous and make you healthier and stronger.
Which are those Herbs!!
To name a few, these are the magical herbs available naturally.
- Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum) – The holy basil, a scared plant is also known to possess many anti-inflammatory properties. It has been used since ages to prepare drinks, dishes to tackle problems like cough and other respiratory issues. This holy plant can boost your immune system as well and can help you recover easily from the respiratory tract infections.
- Curcumin (Curcuma longa) – Also known to have anti-inflammatory properties. This herb can help you to manage the inflammation of the lungs and help you relieve from the chest congestion as well. Bacterial and viral infections can be cured using this herb. Curcumin alsohas many scientifically-proven health benefits, such as the potential to prevent heart disease, Alzheimer’s, Cancer, etc.
- Neem (Azadirachta indica) – Neem has the anti-inflammatory and anti- microbial properties which have been exploited since ancient times. It can help you to deal with the allergies and various respiratory tract infections which can be occurred via bacteria and virus in general. Neem is also known for its pesticidal and insecticidal properties.
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) – The herb has a numeral health benefits; it can help your body to manage the stress and lead a happy life. It can also aid in curing respiratory tract infections as well. It is also known to rejuvenate the cells and heal lung infections. Anti- inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties of this herb can help in managing various inflammations caused during respiratory infections. This amazing herb can also help to boost your immunity.
- Dalchini (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) – This is a supplementary herb that possesses anti-microbial properties and is helpful in supervising any microbial infection in the respiratory tract. The herb is useful for the removal of mucus from the lungs and thereby providing the cure for cough and cold which are the most frequently occurring diseases. In short, the herb is a great way to sustain a healthy respiratory system.
- Shirish (Albizia lebbeck) – This herb is known for its numeral medicinal properties. The herb is a grand one to eliminate the toxins from the body which are produced due to the various bacterial infections in the body. The herb is also acknowledged as an excellent herb to suppress the inflammation.
- Vasaka (Adhatoda vasica) – This herb is the premium herbal remedy for respiratory tract infection. The herb is known to own antibacterial, antifungal and antimicrobial properties. It is a bronchodilator as well hence a great option to treat bronchitis. The herb is proficient in managing asthma and tuberculosis.
- Pippali (Piper longum) – Pippali herb is useful in managing cold problems in the lungs. The herb is recognized as the superb herb to improve the blood circulation to the lungs. The herb possesses expectorant and bronchodilator properties. Thus, the herb is a great way to rejuvenate the lungs.
- Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia) – The herb is also an amazing option to handle the respiratory disorders. The herb is successful in removing the toxins from the lungs. It is even helpful to get assistance from asthma. It can also suppress the symptoms of tuberculosis as well. Tinospora cordifolia is used for diabetes and high cholesterol too.
- Ela (Elletteria cardamomum) – Elais strong, scented and herbaceous. This herb contains quite a lot of properties that can be crafted in an effective way to decrease the Vata and Kapha dosha of the body. The herb is great for managing sore throat as well as cold and other respiratory tract infections.
For more detail on Respiratory Tract Infection, please visit our nearest clinic or if want to consult with our Chief Ayurveda Consultant & Founder – Dr. Baldeep Kour then write with detail history at email@example.com or Whatsapp at +91-9216582021