10 Ayurvedic remedies to Get Rid of a Runny Nose in Cold Weather
Ayurvedic Remedy for Runny Nose – It is the time of the year when the weather changes suddenly and drops to a level which makes it too cold for humans to follow their daily activities and thus they become lazy and affect their health to some extent. Following good healthy practices and doing some regular exercises are crucial in attaining fine wellbeing. And in winters, we mostly escape these and instead fall sick. Falling sick is, of course, not well accepted and not adaptable but staying in bed in winters is amazing on the other hand. As a kid, I used to reside in bed for hours after being termed as unwell by my mother, further she used to make sure I skipped school on that particular day and have warm soup and wear warm clothes and live indoors, in the bed for as long as I could be capable of and get outside only when I was fine again. All the pampering sounds good but the problem was staying indoors, she wouldn’t let me play outside with friends and that was a big problem.
I have suffered from runny nose throughout my childhood. I was so weak and fragile that every other infection or trendy disease would knock my door and attack me completely. I was unsure of the reasons but it was for sure that my immune system was not tough or ready enough to fight infections, and thus, I used to miss schools and even birthday parties of my friends and what not!!
These are the scary childhood memories which make me feel sad still now since I had missed so many important days which I could not live and that surely bothers me. And I know how it feels to have a running nose in winters, people start avoiding you and then you are left alone.
Keeping a handkerchief ready in your hand always to wipe off your nose is irritating as well. It doesn’t feel good to have germs all around you, a major concern is the lack of confidence it can cause. Kids with the runny nose are often backbenchers and not so happy kids. Maybe they are not eating healthy or are not following good habits. It is vital to know the importance of health and to follow good healthy habits always.
AYURVEDIC REMEDIES TO TACKLE RUNNY NOSE:
Ayurvedic medicines healed me from within and I was far away from this problem. I was no longer a victim of runny nose, my immunity was strong and I could fight diseases.
Ayurveda is the oldest medical system in India, more than 5000 years old and it is believed that Ayurveda knows the secrets to cure almost every disease. Ayurveda states that positive health can be achieved by maintaining a balance between body, mind and the soul. Ayurveda believes that attaining a good health is the primary goal and fighting infections is the secondary one.
Here are some of the remedies that can help to get rid of a Runny Nose in cold weather:
- Amla juice can also help, start by drinking an amla juice a day or even you can eat the raw amla everyday.
- Black pepper and some honey can do wonders as well. Crush some black pepper and add half a spoon of honey to it and eat it as such. Twice to thrice a day can give magnificent results. Black pepper has capsaicin, which can soothe the nerve fibers that control the thickness of your mucus.
- Drinking turmeric with warm water and milk can also help if consumed at night before going to bed.
- Ginger tea with some holy basil (tulsi) in it is a wonderful option. Boil some water and add ginger to it, and some tulsi leaves as well. Drink a cup of this every morning to heal your body and detoxify it as well. Honey or sugar can be added to make it taste well.
- Cinnamons and cloves are the secret ingredients to fight cold. These little ingredients are very useful and can have a great soothing effect on your nerves.
- Garlic drinks are curative as well. Try adding garlic to the food items that you consume each and every day.
- Consuming jaggery is also great. Jaggery has many health benefits as well. That’s the reason it has been eaten since ages, check out your grandma’s menu. She must be preparing foods with jaggery or consuming raw jaggery.
- Drink warm water with half lemon and honey daily in winters. Make sure the water is
warm enough. It should be done every morning before meals.
- Gargle with rock salt and warm water. It can help you cleanse your throat well.
- Eating half-boiled eggs can also help. Eggs have a lot of nutrients in them and can help you fight infections.
These are some Ayurvedic remedies to heal you. Apart from them, inhaling steam can prove great and cure you instantly. Keep yourself hydrated enough. Drink at least 7-8 glasses of water daily. Rest for some long hours, resting cures you naturally and it gives your body enough time to heal. Also, try pranayama daily. Pranayama is the control of breath, which helps in purifying the air sinuses and thus curing the cold problems. Yoga is the significant factor in curing diseases faster along with ayurvedic remedies. Choosing the right diet is necessary as well. Boiled and steamed vegetables and some soups can really aid in curing your runny nose. Staying away from fried and fast foods is obligatory, even dairy and spicy foods when suffering from cold.
Oil massages in where clove oil, sesame oil can be used to rubdown on your throat and chest. This will increase the blood flow as well as generate some heat and cure you in return. Take a warm water bath. Instilling anu taila in the nostrils can be efficient; it is the blend of some highly useful herbs such as Jivanti, Hrivera, Devadaru, Musta, Twak, Ushira, Sariva, etc. which can soothe your nerves and make you feel great.
For more detail on Runny Nose Treatment, please visit our nearest clinic or if want to consult with our Chief Ayurveda Consultant & Founder – Dr. Baldeep Kour then write with detail history at email@example.com or Whatsapp at +91-9216582021