Erectile dysfunction –The inability of a man to achieve or sustain erection it is called erectile dysfunction. Erectile dysfunction is a very common problem, and it is believed that approximately 40% of males suffer from it at one time or another in life. In Ayurveda erectile dysfunction is referred to as ‘Klaibya.
Erectile dysfunction Causes
Numerous factors seem to be responsible for causing erectile dysfunction, e.g. certain drugs medications (anti-depressants), neurological disorders, Cavernosal disorders (Peyronie’s disease), etc. Sometimes impotence can be traced back to certain health problems like diabetes, severe depression, or severe reaction to any drug. Excessive alcohol drinking and cigarette smoking too are causative factors. Psychological factors are also major causes of impotence and can be due to some reasons including the increased focus on sexual performance in society.
In Ayurveda excessive intercourse (without using aphrodisiacs), perverted sexual habits and vitiation of vata dosha have also been blamed for causing ED. Whatever the cause, the problem of ED can be very embarrassing and disheartening for both the partners and if it continues for a prolonged period, the psychological factors involved worsen the situation and can cause an unhealthy aversion to sex.
Weak erection/lack of erection
According to Ayurveda, ED is basically a condition of low vitality. Generally, vitiation of vata dosha is responsible for Klaibya or ED. On the basis of the cause, seven types of Klaibya are mentioned in Ayurvedic texts, e.g. Manasik klaibya is caused by psycological factors, Doshaj klaibya is caused by physiological factors, Shukrakshayaj is caused by deficiency of Shukra dhatu, Vyadhij is causing by some other disease like diabetes, Aghataj is caused by surgical or accidental trauma, Shukranirodhaj is caused by suppression of sexual urge, and Sahaj means congenital.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
Klaibya or ED is primarily Vata disorder, strengthening therapies are utilized in Ayurveda. Vajikarna is a branch of Ayurveda that deals with aphrodisiacs and contains many effective therapies and herbal solutions that can completely cure this disorder.
- Take simple, chemical free diet, as many chemicals used for growing and manufacturing food articles can affect nervous functioning and sexual arousal.
- Prevent indigestion, constipation, and vitiation of Apan Vayu that is responsible for penile erection. So patient should avoid foods that trigger gas formation like potato, beans, peas, brinjal, etc, and prefer fruit vegetables, spices like dry ginger and drinks like lemon water which release gases easily.
- Excessive salt, acids, tobacco & alcohol too should be avoided. Most of the dry fruits, fresh fruits, and milk products increase sexual vigour.
- Consuming pure ghee and dry fruits like almond & cashew regularly boost sexual vigour and prevent erectile dysfunction.
- Performing Yogasan & Suryanamaskar regularly improves the tone of the muscles required for erection while doing Pranayam brings about mental relaxation and tranquility.
Some herbs used in erectile dysfunction:
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera)
- Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus)
- Safed musli (Chlorophytum borivillanum)
- Shilajit (Asphaltum punibiunum)
At Deep Ayurveda special medicine formulated for erectile dysfunction:
- Vigora-M Herbal Capsule
- Ashwagandha Herbal Capsule
- Shilajit Herbal Capsule
- Gokhshur Capsule
- Chanderprabha Vatti
For more detail or advice on erectile dysfunction related disorder please us write us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Statutory warning : Self medication can be very dangerous. Always use ayurvedic medicine under the strict supervision of an ayurvedic doctor.