Its scientific name is Boerhavia diffusa and is mostly found in Asia, Africa, North America, and South America. It is commonly called Punarnava because it stands for regenerating life. This said Punarnava herb is very useful as it has multiple health benefits (punarnava benefits).
Punarnava is well-known for its magnificent health benefits. It is tremendously good for the liver and helps to reduce the level of uric acid in our body. It also helps to fight infections especially in our urinary tract and prevents them. Moreover, it helps to deal with various problems of the woman, such as lowers the heavy menstruation cycles, fibroids, etc.
Furthermore, it has benefits for patients with other health problems such as impotence and erectile dysfunction. Punarnava herb also helps to manage arthritis and diabetes. Many types of researches have shown that it can help to manage many kinds of cancers as well.
There are numerous benefits of this magical ayurvedic herb. The herb is planted as a climber (spread on the ground). It bears leaves and flowers as well. All the components of the plant such as root, stem, leaves, and flowers have medicinal properties and therefore are used to make several Ayurvedic medicines. The composition of the plant includes sitosterol, palmitic acid, boerhavic acid and boeravinone acid.
The magical herb has several therapeutic, and medicinal Punarnava benefits for the human body.
Some of the Therapeutic Punarnava Benefits are:
- It acts as a diuretic and helps in the formation of urine by the kidneys. It helps to release the toxins and the unnecessary accumulated sodium from the body.
- It acts as an Expectorant and helps to eliminate the mucus from the lungs, bronchi and trachea. This gives relief to the irritated lungs, and respiratory organs.
- It acts as a Stomachic and helps to tone and stabilize the stomach by improving the functioning of the digestive system and therefore helps in increasing the appetite.
Some of Medicinal Punarnava Benefits are:
- Stabilize Liver: It helps to stabilize the liver functions by stimulating the bile secretions regularly. Moreover, it helps in managing ascites caused by several liver disorders. The herb is bitter in taste but if taken as a medicine, can help to improve the functioning of the liver and prevent liver diseases.
- Weight Loss: It helps in reducing water retention by removing the extra accumulated fluids from the lower abdomen of the stomach. It also helps to remove the toxins from the body. Therefore, it is present in several slimming pills as well. Moreover, it acts as a laxative and helps to clean the colon in case of accumulated toxins. This helps to lower down the body weight and fight obesity.
- Fight Infections: Punarnava has anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties which help in fighting urinary tract infections. Sometimes women are prone to terrible urinary tract infections, these could be as a result of urinating in an unhygienic surrounding such as public toilets or could be as a result of microbial infections due to the use of unhygienic undergarments. Punarnava helps to decrease inflammation and fight bacteria to reduce infections.
- Controls diabetes: The ayurvedic herb helps to maintain glucose levels in the body. This helps to reduce the pressure on the glands to produce insulin. Controlling diabetes is very crucial as it is considered a life-long disease and an uncontrolled or higher level of diabetes could be life-threatening for the person. Consuming the leaves of the plant can help to control diabetes.
- Manages Rheumatism: The ayurvedic herb ‘Punarnava’ has anti-inflammatory properties which help to lower the inflammation and relieve joint pains and irritated muscles. Therefore, using the herb in form of medicine or applying it as a raw mixture on the inflamed areas especially joints can ease the pain. There are several oils, creams, and lotions available in the market that contain this herb.
- Improves Gastric functions: The herb contains anti-microbial properties and helps to get rid of the worms in the stomach. Sometimes, a person suffers from extreme pain and discomfort due to the presence of bacteria or the small worms in our digestive system. Punarnava herb help to kill the worms and improve the digestive fire of the body.
- Removes Toxins: Punarnava herb acts as a diuretic and helps to remove unwanted fluids and toxins from the body. It improves the urination process and regulates the frequency of urination. It is of the highest significance to urinate an adequate amount in order to decrease the risk of kidney stones. The herb helps in eliminating the extra fluids out of the system which in turn helps to remove toxins from the body.
- Manages Impotence: Punarnava helps to manage the impotence in the male by improving the quality of semen and also raises the level of sperm count. Consuming this herb can bring wonders to male sexual problems which usually lead to a tremendous amount of stress and insecurities.
Some other Punarnava Benefits:
- It helps to manage anemia as well as heart problems in the body.
- It also helps in eyes related problems.
- The herb helps to decrease the stinking smell in case of harsh skin disorders.
- It helps in escalating the protein levels in the body and helps the patients suffering from nephrotic syndrome.
- It can, in addition, be supportive in managing numerous types of cancers.
Diseases cured by Punarnava:
There are abundant benefits of this magical Ayurvedic herb. It has enormous significance in Ayurvedic medicine due to its medicinal properties. It can assist in managing a variety of health disorders and can also be helpful in preventing health issues such as heart failures and avoidance of cancer.
Below are some of the diseases that can be managed by the consumption of Punarnava herb.
- Kidney diseases
- Heart failure/attacks
- Eye problems
- Liver diseases
- UTI’s infections
- Colic disease
Precaution: The magical herb with almost infinite medicinal properties has no actual side effects. This makes it very popular in ayurvedic medicine. Moreover, the herb can be consumed in its raw form as well. Studies have exposed that this wonderful herb is secure and safe and does not pose any kind of serious side effects on the human body. However, there are some contradictions to this herb that state that pregnant women should consult a physician before consumption.
Ayurveda is magical and contains all the secrets of ancient medicine. We should keep in mind that nature has a deep connection with our soul and all the remedies lie within it. It is of immense importance to keep us connected with the roots of nature and benefit from its herbs. Punarnava is one such herb that can help to reduce several health problems.
For more detail on Punarnava, please visit our nearest clinic or if want to consult with our Chief Ayurveda Consultant & Founder – Dr. Baldeep Kour then write with detailed history at firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp at +91-9216582021
For regular health updates, please follow our Social Pages