Bleeding Piles Remedies – Ayurvedic Treatment:
Piles or Hemorrhoids Types:
There are mainly two types of hemorrhoids are described, named as-
In this type, hemorrhoids lie inside the rectum. However, irritation or straining when passing stool can hurt or damage the surface of hemorrhoid, causing it to bleed. Usually, it does not cause any discomfort until internal hemorrhoid through the anal opening resulting in a protruding or prolapsed hemorrhoid, which can cause irritation and pain.
They lie under the skin around the anus. They form small lumps outside the edge of the anus. When they get irritated, it results into bleeding and itching. In this type, a person suffers from severe pain, inflammation, redness, and burning sensation.
Grades – Piles or Hemorrhoids is Classified into Four Grades:
- Grade I – These are small inflammation usually present inside the lining of the anus and are not visible.
- Grade II – They are also presenting inside the anus, but size is larger than grade 1. They may be pushed out during the passing of stool.
- Grade III – Grade III is also known as Prolapsed hemorrhoids and appear outside the anus. In this, a person can feel them hanging from the rectum, but also it can be easily re-inserted.
- Grade IV – They are large and remain outside the anus and cannot be pushed back in.
Causes of Bleeding Piles:
The exact cause of hemorrhoids are not known yet. However, they are associated with increased pressure in the lower rectum which can cause the swelling of blood vessels. Following are the common factors which may increase the risk of developing hemorrhoids –
- Low fibre diet
- amily history of hemorrhoids
- Overweight or obese
- Emotional stress
- Lifting heavyweights
- Poor posture
- Straining while bowel movement
- Chronic constipation or diarrhea
- Cancer of colon
- Spinal cord injury
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Anal intercourse
- Cirrhosis of the liver
- Age-related weakening
Symptoms of Bleeding Piles:
- An individual with bleeding piles may experience the following symptoms –
- A hard, painful lump is felt around the anus and, may contain coagulated blood.
- The area around the anus is red, sore, itchy.
- Mucous discharge.
- Mild to severe pain occurs during the passing of a stool.
- After bowel movements, a bright red color is seen.
- After passing a stool, a person with acute or chronic piles may experience the feeling that the bowels are still full.
- In severe cases, there is an inability to control bowel movements.
- Intense itching around the pain.
- Excessive anal bleeding also leads to anemia.
- Secondary infections.
- Anal fistula (a channel is created between the surface of the skin near the anus and inside the anus).
Straining or passing a hard stool can damage the surface of hemorrhoid, causing it to bleed. It can happen with both internal and external hemorrhoids.
Ayurvedic Point of View On Bleeding Piles Remedies – Ayurvedic Treatment:
In Ayurveda, Bleeding piles is termed as ‘Raktaja Arsha’. In this condition, the mamsa ankuras (fleshy masses) which occurs at the opening of guda marga (anus), obstructs the pathway and troubles the person like an enemy is called Arsha.
Causes According to Ayurveda:
Ayurveda designates the occurrence of bleeding piles due to habitual consumption of constipating foods such as split peas, potatoes, cabbage, chick peas, spicy, and excessively cold and dry foods, excessive consumption of smoking, alcohol, excess exposure to heat of the sun, more indulgence in sexual activities, in physical activities. Also, if an individual suppresses the natural bowel urges (pass flatulence and stool) it can lead to chronic constipation and later on results in the formation of the bleeding piles. Use of hard seats can put pressure on the veins and may also cause developing bleeding piles.
Types – Classical Ayurvedic texts describe two types of arshas:
1. Shushka Arsha – Shushka arshas are dry with no discharge and not be associated with bleeding. The symptoms resemble with internal piles or first and second-degree piles. This type is caused by Vataj and Kaphaja types of Arsha.
2. Sravi Arsha – Piles with discharge or bleeding piles. Similar to third and forth degree piles. This type usually caused by Pitta and Raktaja types of Arsha.
Types According to Doshas:
In Ayurvedic belief, the dominant doshas determines the types of bleeding piles, common symptoms are –
- Vataj Symptoms – People may experience a high level of pain, constipation, and black hemorrhoids with a rough, hard texture.
- Pittaj Symptoms – Peolpe having Pitta dosha dominant might tend to experience inflamed, bleeding hemorrhoids that are soft, red. Other symptoms may include diarrhea, feeling of thirst, fever, etc.
- Kaphaj Symptoms – Peolpe having Kaphaj dosha dominant may have a poor digestion and hemorrhoids are slippery, soft, large, and color is white or light yellow.
- Raktaja Symptoms – Caused by vitiated blood and appearance of pile mass is almost similar with Pittaj arshas.
Pathophysiology of Bleeding Piles:
The vitiated doshas (vata, pitta, and kapha) contaminate the skin (twak), muscles (mamsa), and fat (meda), which causes fleshy masses (mamsa ankuras) at the anal opening. These masses are called Arshas and presence of excess and continues blood during bowel movements indicates Raktaja Arsha.
Bleeding Piles Remedies Ayurveda:
Ayurvedic approaches to all the types of hemorrhoids treatment are considered holistic. In Ayurveda, Physicians not only focus on medicines but also on lifestyle changes and dietary changes. There are many Rakta Stambhak drugs are mentioned in the Ayurvedic texts, that play an important role to cure the Raktaja Arsha.
Here is the detail of Bleeding piles remedies pack that contains a total of five products named as – Livclear Capsules, Triyog Capsules, Arshakuthar Rasa, Triphala Guggul, and Herbal Powder Formulation. These medicines will treat Raktaja Arsha naturally and know as Natural Treatment for Piles without causing any other complications because all the medicines are made up of pure, natural, high-quality herbs. Brief description of the medicines are given below –
- Livclear Capsules – The herbal capsule is a great combination of katuki, punarnava, makoy, bhringraj, neem, bhoomi amla, etc. It is very effective in supporting the functions of liver and remove harmful toxins. The ingredients help in maintains Pitta dosha in the body, and maintains the overall digestive system.
- Arshakuthar Rasa – It is an Ayurvedic Classical medicine which helps in balances Vataj and Kaphaj Doshas. The tablet is made up of shuddha gandhaka, loha bhasma, bilva, tankan bhasma, etc. Its main action is to improve the liver functions, easing constipation, shrinking the pile mass and reducing local inflammation and redness.
- Triyog Capsules – The capsule is composed of 3 Ayurvedic herbs – Amalaki, Haritaki, and Vibhitaki. Triyog capsule reduces venous congestion and gives flexibility to blood vessels of the anus which helps in the improvement of proper blood circulation. Regular use of the capsule causes regular and complete evacuation of the bowels.
- Triphala Guggul – Triphala guggul is best known for its anti-inflammatory properties. The medicine helps in easy bowel movements and relieves constipation, a problem often troubling the people suffering from hemorrhoids.
- Herbal Powder Formulation of Classical Medicine – This is the herbal formulation of some classical herbs that are mentioned in Ayurvedic texts to cure the piles. It is best bleeding piles remedies to clean the bowel and helps in balancing the aggravated doshas.
Home Remedies for Piles:
A person who is suffering from any type of hemorrhoids can use some of the best Bleeding piles remedies to get rid of symptoms. We describe the most common remedies that can be used by every individual at their home.
Castor oil is rich in anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-oxidants. Oil has the power to decrease the size of piles and reduce pain, redness, inflammation in the individual.
How to use: A person can take of about 3 ml of castor oil in milk every night. Or also could apply in the affected area. Both these ways works well to alleviate the pain and other associated symptoms of piles.
Coconut oil is well known for it’s moisturizing properties. It provides a soothing effect and help in shrinkage of piles mass.
How to use: Apply a small quantity of coconut oil around the anus after bathing and in night regularly. This will help in reducing the irritation, swelling and may also reduce the urge to scratch.
Applying a cold ice pack may also help in relieving pain, redness, and inflammation.
How to use: A person should wrap the ice in a small towel to avoid damage to the skin, leave the pack on for 10-15 minutes and repeat the process two to three-time daily.
Aloe Vera is worldwide wide used for many medicinal purposes. In the case of bleeding piles, it may provide relief from itching, burning, and swelling.
How to use – Aloe Vera can be used as a gel. Aloe Vera gel can be apply three to four times in a day.
Include heenge in your diet as it is very beneficial in improving the digestion. It also could be included in the vegetables on day-to-day basis or can consume by dissolved a small quantity of heenge in a glass of water and drink daily.
Take a sitz bath:
The process involves soaking your anal area in a few inches of lukewarm water. Can also add a small amount of Epsom salts in water for bath.
Diet and Lifestyle Changes:
- A person have to change their some diet and lifestyle methods. So, try to soften your stools to keep your digestive system in good working order and reduce the risk of further irritation or damage to bleeding hemorrhoid.
- Try to add more high-fiber foods into your diets, such as vegetables, fresh fruits, whole grains, etc. This can prevent irregular stools, constipation. It is the best bleeding piles remedies.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day to elimente the toxins and to avoid constipation.
- Manage your body weight, losing weight may help reduce the severity of piles.
- Consume high quantity of Salads like carrot, cucumber, etc., and they include vitamins C and K, which aid in improving vein health.
- Decreased or strictly avoid spicy foods, tea, coffee, milk products, fried, oily foods, etc., and also decrease the use of smoking and alcohol.
- A person should avoid sitting on the toilet for long periods of time.
- Toilet paper can be irritating, or rough to external hemorrhoids, try to use moist towelette instead.
- People should wear loose-fitting, breathable, cotton undergarments and pants to prevent the area surrounding the hemorrhoids from becoming irritated by sweat, itching, irritation, etc.
Statutory warning: Self-medication can be very dangerous. Always use ayurvedic medicine under the strict supervision of an ayurvedic doctor.