Organic Bhringraj Powder (Eclipta Alba):
Bhringaraj (Eclipta alba), popularly known as ‘false daisy’ in English is a traditional wonderful herb, rich with various medicinal properties, and is hugely recommended for growing silky, long, and strong hair. It is an erect branched annual herb up to 35-40 cm high. The stem is flat, rough due to appressed white hairs, and nodes distinct. Its leaves are oblong, opposite, 2.0-6.2 cm long, and 1.5-1.9 cm wide.
Bhringraj (Eclipta alba) Synonyms:
- Sanskrit : Kesaraja, Bhringaja, Tekaraja
- Gujrati : Bhangaro, Bhangro
- Hindi : Bhangara, Bhangaraiya
- Punjabi : Bhangra
- Tamil : Karisalankanni, Karisalanganni, Karisalai
- Telugu : Guntakalagara, Guntagalagara
- Urdu : Bhangra
Chemical Constituents of Bhringraj (Eclipta alba):
Bhringraj contains triterpenoids, phenolic acids, polyacetylenes, saponinsalkaloids, flavonoids, glycosides, sterol, sesquiterpene lactones, proteins, amino acids, carbohydrates, etc.
Ayurvedic Properties and Action of Bhringraj (Eclipta alba):
- Rasa: Katu, Tikta
- Guna: Ruksha, Tikshana
- Virya: Ushna
- Vipaka: Katu
- Karma: Balya, Kaphahara, Vatahara, Rasayana, Keshya, Vishahara.
Therapeutic Uses of Bhringraj (Eclipta alba):
- Bhringraj increases blood circulation to the scalp and roots, which enhances hair growth and is rich in antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties, it reduces dandruff, provides relief from the symptoms of scalp psoriasis, and helps in the moisturization of the dry scalp.
- The Bhringraj plant helps in the detoxification of the liver, helps in liver cell generation, and enhances its functioning.
- Organic bhringraj powder removes skin impurities by purifying the blood and thus can treat skin problems from the root.
- Due to complexion-enhancing properties, bhringraj is used in many cosmetic and skin care products.
- Bhringraj helps in restoring natural digestive balance by treating digestive issues like constipation, hyperacidity, indigestion, etc.
Dose of Organic Bhringraj Powder (Eclipta alba):
- 12 – 36 g of the drug of organic bhringraj powder form for decoction.
- 3 – 6 ml of the drug in juice form.
Ayurvedic Pharmacopeia of India.
For regular health updates, follow our Social Pages