Organic Mulethi Powder (Glycyrrhiza glabra):
Mulethi is one of the most popular Ayurvedic herbs belonging to the Fabaceae family. It is a purple and white flowering perennial, native to the Mediterranean region. It is also called sweet root as it is sweet. It grows to over a meter and a half tall. Its roots grow 3 to 4 feet (1 – 1.2 m) deep and can extend to 25 feet (10 m) in deep, permeable soil.
Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra) Synonyms:
- Sanskrit : Yastimadhuka, Yastika, Madhuka
- English : Liquorice root
- Gujrati : Jethimadha, Jethimard, Jethimadh
- Hindi : Mulethi, Mulathi, Muleti, Jethimadhu, Jethimadh
- Punjabi : Jethimadh, Mulathi
Chemical Constituents of Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra):
It contains coumarins, sterols, choline, flavonoids, saponins, triterpenoids, lignins, amino acids including asparagine, gums, biotin, folic acid, inositol, lecithin, etc.
Ayurvedic Action and Properties and Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra):
- Rasa: Madhura
- Guna: Guru, Snigdha
- Virya: Sheeta
- Vipaka: Mdhura
- Karma: Varnya, Vrishya, Raktaprasadana, Balya
Medicinal Uses of Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra):
- Studies suggest that mulethi is rich with demulcent and anti-inflammatory properties, thus effectively working in the management of
- skin rashes, dry skin, eczema, psoriasis, etc.
- Organic mulethi powder works as an effective expectorant, helping to liquefy mucus and facilitate its discharge from the body. It is highly recommended in patients with asthma, chest congestion, chronic cough, and cold.
- It is often used in the management of intestinal and digestive issues such as indigestion, bloating, hyperacidity, gastric ulcer, stomach distress, etc.
- The flavonoids in mulethi herb help in reducing excessive fat accumulation in the body.
Dose of Organic Mulethi Powder (Glycyrrhiza glabra):
The dose is 2-4 g of the drug in organic mulethi powder.
Ayurvedic Pharmacopeia of India.
For more updates, follow our Social Pages