Organic Jatamansi Powder (Nardostachys)
Jatamansi (Nardostachys jatamansi) is a famous Ayurvedic herb used in neuropsychiatric diseases. It is also widely known as ‘Tapaswani’. Organic Jatamansi powder acts as a natural brain tonic due to its antioxidant properties, where it nourishes the brain functions and hence preventing cell damage. The herb is well-known for its Medhya, Rasayana, Manasa Rogaghana, Nidrajnana, Kushtaghana, Kasa Shwasahara properties.
Organic Jatamansi powder induces a lot of benefits ranging from skin-related issues, bacterial infections, constipation, reducing high blood pressure, etc. Jatamansi rhizomes are used in the Ayurvedic system of medicine as a stimulant, and antispasmodic. Its roots are medically used in the management of lack of sleep and mental disorders.
Scientific Classification of Jatamansi (Nardostachys jatamansi):
- Kingdom: Plantae
- Division: Mangnoliophyta
- Class: Magnoliopsida
- Genus: Nardostachys
- Order: Dipsacales
- Family: Valerianaceae
- Species: Nardostachys Jatamansi
Jatamansi (Nardostachys Jatamansi) Synonyms:
- Sanskrit: Mamsi, Jaa, Jaila
- English: Nardus root
- Gujrati: Baalchad, Kalichad
- Hindi: Balchara
- Kannada: Bhootajata, Ganagilamaste
- Punjabi: Billilotan, Balchhar, Chharguddi
- Urdu: Sumbul-ut-teeb
Chemical Constituents of Jatamansi (Nardostachys jatamansi):
Jatamansi is rich in crucial constituents like Jatamansone, volatile essential oil, resinous matter, starch, ketone, sesqueterpin ketone, etc.
Ayurvedic Action and Properties of Jatamansi (Nardostachys jatamansi):
- Rasa: Tikta, Kasaya
- Guna: Laghu
- Virya: Sita
- Vipaka: Katu
- Karma: Nidrajanana, Kushaghna, Medhya, Tridosanut
Therapeutic Uses of Jatamansi (Nardostachys jatamansi):
- Organic jatamansi powder acts as a natural memory booster and a nervine tonic.
- The chemical components of jatamansi help in the prevention of neurological degeneration due to its neuroprotective action.
- It is one of the herbs used in ancient times to provide relief from stress by inducing relaxation and calming effects.
- Jatamansi herb stimulates healthy nervine functions and provides nourishment to the brain cells.
Dose of Jatamansi (Nardostachys jatamansi):
- The dose is 2-3 g of the drug in Organic Jatamansi powder.
- 5-10 g of the drug for decoction.
Ayurvedic Pharmacopeia of India.
For more updates, kindly follow our Social Pages