Organic Shallaki Powder (Bosewellia Serrata):
Shallaki belongs to the Burseraceae family, and it has long been known as a popular herb due to its amazing medicinal properties. The plant grows in the hilly region of India, Middle Eastern countries, and North Africa. It is a medium-sized tree having white color flowers.
Shallaki (Boswellia serrata) Synonyms:
- Sanskrit : Sallaki
- Hindi : Salai, Labana
- Kannada : Madimar, Chilakdupa, Tallaki, Maddi
- Kashmiri : Kunturukkam, Samprani
- Punjabi : Salai Gonda
- Urdu : Kundur
Chemical Constituents of Shallaki (Boswellia serrata):
Shallaki contains a high amount of volatile and essential oil, terpenoids, Boswellic and Ascorbic Acid, and several pentacyclic triterpene acids like β-boswellic acid.
Ayurvedic Properties of Shallaki (Boswellia serrata):
- Rasa: Madhura, Katu, Tikta
- Guna: Guru, Snigdha, Tikshana
- Virya: Ushna
- Vipaka: Madhura
- Karma: Balya, Rakta stambhahar, Kaphapittahara.
Medicinal Uses of Shallaki (Boswellia serrata):
- Shallaki herb exhibited hypolipidemic activity by reducing the total cholesterol and increasing the high-density lipoprotein levels.
- It is also rich in anti-diabetic properties, thus effectively managing blood glucose levels.
- Due to the high abundance of anti-inflammatory properties, it is indicated in the management of joint-related disorders.
- In research, it was suggested that the shallaki herb exhibits antithrombic, antioxidant, and anticoagulant properties.
Dose of Shallaki (Boswellia serrata):
1-3 g of Organic Shallaki powder.
Ayurvedic Pharmacopeia of India.
For more updates, please follow our Social Pages