Herbal & Natural Remedies for Diabetes and It’s Causes
Introduction of Diabetes: Ayurvedic Treatment of Diabetes – Diabetes disease is described as a severe and chronic metabolic disorder characterized by elevated levels of blood glucose or blood sugar, which leads over time to serious damage to the blood vessels, eyes, heart, kidneys, and nerves. But, if a diabetic patient takes Ayurvedic treatment of diabetes, the chances of complications are less and the condition can be reversed naturally.
The insulin hormone present in our body moves sugar from the blood into your cells to be stored or used for energy. Persons who are suffered from diabetes, their body either doesn’t make enough insulin or can’t effectively use the insulin it does make.
Worldwide, near about 422 million people are suffered from diabetes, particularly in low and middle-income countries.
Types of Diabetes:
Three types of diabetes are mentioned: Type 1, Type 2, and Gestational diabetes.
Type 1 diabetes:
It is also known as Juvenile diabetes, and this occurs when the body fails to produce insulin. In that stage, a patient is going to depend on insulin, which means they must take artificial insulin daily to stay alive.
Type 2 diabetes:
In this type, body cells cannot use blood sugar efficiently for energy. This happens when the body cells become insensitive to insulin and the blood sugar or glucose gradually gets too high.
This type mainly occurs in pregnant women when the body can become less sensitive to insulin. It usually resolves after giving birth.
Causes of Diabetes:
The most common causes are given below:
For type 1 diabetes:
The exact cause of type 1 diabetes is not known yet. But is thought that it is caused by a combination of environmental factors and genetic susceptibility. And also that the immune system attacks and destroys the insulin-producing cells in the pancreas.
For type 2 diabetes:
In this type, the cells become resistant to the action of insulin, and the pancreas is unable to make enough insulin to overcome this resistance. For this reason, sugar starts to build up in the bloodstream and increases the level of glucose.
For gestational diabetes:
During the pregnancy period, the placenta produces hormones to sustain your pregnancy and these hormones will make your cells more resistant to insulin.
Normally, your pancreas responds by responding enough extra insulin to overcome the resistance. But sometimes your pancreas can’t keep up. When this condition happens, too little glucose gets into your cells, and too many stays in your blood, resulting in gestational diabetes.
Symptoms of Diabetes:
Symptoms are dependent on how much blood sugar is elevated in a person. Some people, especially those who are type 2 diabetes, may not experience any symptoms initially, but in type 1 diabetes, symptoms tend to come and may become more severe. Some common symptoms are:
- Frequent urination
- Extreme hunger
- Unexplained weight loss
- Increased thirst
- Blurred vision
- Slow-healing sores
- Presence of ketones in the urine
- Fatigue and weakness
- Frequent infections, like skin infections, vaginal infections, gums, etc.
The most common risk factors of Diabetes are:
- Age: As you get older, risk will also increase. This may be because of losing muscle mass, gain weight as you age. But type 2 diabetes also increasing among children, younger adults, and adolescents.
- Family history: If parents or a sibling is suffered from diabetes, there will be great chances.
- High blood pressure: A person who has blood pressure over 140/90 mm Hg is at great risk of having type 2 diabetes.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome: Women who suffered from polycystic ovary syndrome (a common condition characterized by irregular menstrual periods, obesity) increase the risk of diabetes.
- Weight: Those who are obese are more likely to have this condition.
- Inactivity: The less active you are, the greater will be your risk. Because physical activity plays an important role and helps to control your weight, uses up glucose as energy, and makes your cell more sensitive to insulin.
- The Immune system: If you have auto antibodies (presence of damaging immune system cells), you have an increased risk of developing diabetes.
Ayurvedic Point of View on Diabetes:
In Ayurveda, Diabetes is co-related with ‘Madhumeha’.
Madhumeha is comprised of two words, ‘Madhu’ and ‘Meha’. Madu means Sweet and Meha means Prasava (excessive secretion).
Ayurvedic Acharyas have grouped Madhumeha (Diabetes) under one of the among 20 Prameha Rogas (Urinary disorders).
According to the Ayurveda, Madhumeha is defined as a disease in which urine of the patient is sweet like honey and quantitatively increased as well as pale, rough in quality, and astringent. The best Ayurvedic treatment of diabetes has been available since ancient times.
Pathophysiology According to Ayurveda:
मेदश्च मांसं च शरीरजं च क्लेदं कफो बस्तिगतं प्रदूष्य|
करोति मेहान् समुदीर्णमुष्णैस्तानेव पित्तं परिदूष्य चापि||५||
क्षीणेषु दोषेष्ववकृष्य बस्तौ धातून् प्रमेहाननिलः करोति|
दोषो हि बस्तिं समुपेत्य मूत्रं सन्दूष्य मेहाञ्जनयेद्यथास्वम्||६||
Due to the causes of Madhumeha (Diabetes), there is an imbalance in the Doshas (especially Kapha and Pitta in association with Vata dosha). These aggravated doshas block the channels related to Meda (adipose tissue) and Mamsa (muscle).
Due to excess obstruction in the passage of Vata, it transforms sweet Ojas into an astringent mixed sweet taste like honey. Thus, it discharges in the urine and the resulted condition is called Madhumeha.
Or in other terms, when the Meda (fat), Mamsa (flesh), Shreera kleda (fluids of the body), and aggravated Kapha entering the Basti (urinary bladder), causes Madhumeha. Acute to chronic condition of diabetes can be cured with the help of Ayurvedic Treatment of Diabetes.
Causes of Diabetes According to Ayurveda:
According to Ayurveda both food and drinks, and physical and mental disturbances can lead to the progression of Diabetes. Common causes are given below:
आस्यासुखं स्वप्नसुखं दधीनि ग्राम्यौदकानूपरसाः पयांसि|
नवान्नपानं गुडवैकृतं च प्रमेहहेतुः कफकृच्च सर्वम्||४
- Excessive consumption of milk and its preparations (Payamsi)
- Food, drinks, and dishes prepared from new grains (Navaana panam)
- Jaggery and other dishes made of it (Guda vikruti)
- Excess intake of sweet substances (Madhura ahara)
- Unwholesome diet (Ahitashana)
- Carbohydrates rich food (Pishta ahara)
- Flesh or meat soup of animals living in marshy and water regions (Gramaya oudaka anupa mamsa)
- Repeated food intake (Adhyshana)
- Excess stress (Chinta)
- Sedentary lifestyle (Alasya)
- Inherited factors (Sahaja)
- Comforts of excess sleeping (Svapanasukham)
- Long-standing illness (Deergha roga)
Symptoms of Diabetes According to Ayurveda:
The most common symptoms are given below:
स्वेदोऽङ्गगन्धः शिथिलाङ्गता च शय्यासनस्वप्नसुखे रतिश्च|
हृन्नेत्रजिह्वाश्रवणोपदेहो घनाङ्गता केशनखातिवृद्धिः||१३||
शीतप्रियत्वं गलतालुशोषो माधुर्यमास्ये करपाददाहः|
भविष्यतो मेहगदस्य रूपं मूत्रेऽभिधावन्ति पिपीलिकाश्च||१४||
- Excess urination (Atimutrata)
- Turbid urine (Avila mutrata)
- Pallor of the body (Pandhuta)
- Loss of sexual urge (Ratisu anasakti)
- Excess sweating (Sveda)
- Lack of stability in the body (Anga shaitilya)
- Vision problems (Netropadeha)
- Excessive hair growth (Kesha ativriddhi)
- Burning sensation in feet and palm (Kara pada daha)
- White discoloration of urine (Shukla mutrata)
- Coated palate (Taluni malotpathi)
- Body odor (Angagandha)
- Dryness of the body (Rukshata)
- Emaciation (Dhatu kshaya)
Types of Diabetes according to the Ayurveda:
जलोपमं चेक्षुरसोपमं वा घनं घनं चोपरि विप्रसन्नम्|
शुक्लं सशुक्रं शिशिरं शनैर्वा लालेव वा वालुकया युतं वा||९||
विद्यात् प्रमेहान् कफजान् दशैतान् क्षारोपमं कालमथापि नीलम्|
हारिद्रमाञ्जिष्ठमथापि रक्तमेतान् प्रमेहान् षडुशन्ति पित्तात्||१०||
मज्जौजसा वा वसयाऽन्वितं वा लसीकया वा सततं विबद्धम्|
चतुर्विधं मूत्रयतीह वाताच्छेषेषु धातुष्वपकर्षितेषु||११||
The characteristics features of Kaphaja meha are mentioned-below:
- The urine resembling water (udaka meha)
- The urine resembling sugar cane juice (iksu- valika meha)
- Dense urine (sandra meha)
- Low-density urine with a transparent upper layer (Sandra prasad meha)
- The urine having white color (shukla meha)
- The urine containing seminal fluid (shukra meha)
- The urine having cold touch (shita meha)
- The urine passing out slowly (shanaih meha)
- The urine containing slimy material like saliva (lala meha) and
- The urine containing sand-like substance (sikata meha).
Pittaja meha has the following characteristic features:
- The urine resembling alkali solution (kshara meha)
- The urine having black color (kala meha)
- The urine having indigo color (nila meha)
- The urine having the yellow color like turmeric (haridra meha)
- The urine having the reddish color like that of manjistha(manjishtha meha) and
- The urine having blood in it (rakta meha).
Vatika meha has the following characteristic features:
- The urine mixed with majja(majja meha)
- The urine mixed with ojas(oja meha )
- The urine mixed with muscle fat (vasa meha)
- The urine mixed with lymph (lasika meha)
If a diabetic patient can use some common natural home remedies along with Ayurvedic treatment of diabetes, there will be more chances to overcome the symptoms and a person can control the severity and complications and live a healthy lifestyle. The best Ayurvedic home remedies are given below:
Bitter gourd: Bitter gourd is very beneficial to control the high level of sugar in the blood thus helpful in the management of type 1 and type 2 diabetes. It contains hypoglycemic biochemical substances which reduce the risk of diabetes.
A person can take a 1/2 cup of bitter gourd juice in the morning daily.
Bitter melon: It is also known as anti-diabetic fruit because it contains polypeptide-p and charanti, which lowers the blood sugar level naturally.
Take 1/2 to 1 cup of bitter melon juice in the morning.
Turmeric powder: Turmeric herb is shown to increase insulin sensitivity, which leads to lower blood sugar levels. This spice also reduces glucose creatinine in the liver.
Mix a small amount of honey, turmeric powder, and dried gooseberry powder. Take this wonderful remedy once daily.
Mango leaves: Mango leaves are very useful for managing diabetes and its complications. The leaves contain a high amount of tannins called anthocyanidins that may help in treating diabetes. It also helps to treat diabetic retinopathy and diabetic angiopathy.
Take a few mango leaves and one glass of water. Left the mixture overnight and drink this remedy in the early morning after filtration of this mixture.
Fenugreek seeds: Fenugreek seeds are best known for their ability to lower blood sugar in people with diabetes. They contain fiber and regulate the absorption of sugar and carbohydrates.
A person can take about one teaspoon of fenugreek powder with lukewarm water early in the morning.
Gurmar: Gurmar means ‘sugar destroyer’ and is the best Ayurvedic herb that is well-known to regulate the absorption of carbohydrates in the body. It is very beneficial in maintaining healthy blood sugar levels in the body.
Have a teaspoon of powdered Gurmar leaves along with normal water once daily after meal.
Amla juice: Amla is a traditional fruit used for many medicinal uses. This Ayurvedic herb contains a mineral called chromium which regulates carbohydrate metabolism and helps in making your body more responsive to insulin.
Take two teaspoons of amla juice with a pinch of turmeric powder in the early morning.
Best Food for Diabetic Patients and Lifestyle:
A diabetic patient can also adopt some lifestyle changes along with Ayurvedic Treatment of Diabetes to improve blood circulation, digestive system, nervous system, etc. The below-mentioned precautions are a very beneficial diet for diabetic patients.
- Strictly avoid tobacco and liquor consumption in any form.
- Limit the use of milk, rice, potato, other milk products, and oily foods.
- Restrict or stop the intake of high amounts of sweets in any form.
- Take care of personal hygiene, especially of hands and feet.
- A person has to keep regular monitoring of blood glucose levels and medical checkups.
- Avoid any injury and consult immediately in case of skin injuries/infections.
- Eating a diet high in nutritious, fresh foods, including fruits, grains, lean proteins, whole grains, healthy fat sources, such as nuts, low-fat dairy products.
- Engage at least 30 – 40 minutes in exercise or in walking, jogging, riding a bike, swimming, or in aerobics.
- Avoid high sugar foods that provide calories that do not have other nutritional benefits, such as fried foods, high sugar desserts, and sweetened sodas.
- Yoga practices play an important role in diabetes, certain yoga postures are believed to stimulate the pancreas and improve its functions. Common yoga postures are Tadasana, Gomukhasana, Vakrasana, Dhanurasana, Ushtrasana, etc.
Best Ayurvedic Treatment of Diabetes:
Ayurvedic Treatment of Diabetes – Ayurveda is an ancient medical practice that also used in the United States as an alternative treatment for chronic illness. For the Ayurvedic treatment of diabetes, Ayurvedic practices primarily emphasize the use of natural herbs, however; exercises, weight management, dietary, and lifestyle changes are also included.
Allopath and other science has limited choices of drugs for diabetes but has more complications, a patient is going to depend on the chemical-based medicines day-by-day.
On the other hand, Ayurvedic field has numerous natural herbs that can be recommended according to the condition and severity of the diseases and also according to the Patient’s Prakriti.
If you want an Ayurvedic treatment of Diabetes, no need to worry, Doctors team of ‘DEEP AYURVEDA’ treated many patients of acute as well as a chronic condition of Diabetes by their experiences and by following the guidelines of the Ayurveda. Also, after a good deal of clinical research, they made a package named ‘Diabetes Treatment Package‘. This is the best Ayurvedic treatment of diabetes consists of a total of five Ayurvedic products named Capsule Diacure, Capsule Livclear, Capsule Nervocare, Capsule Ashwagandha, and Chandraprabha Vati.
Description of each product is given below:
Diacure Herbal Capsule: The capsule is a combination of giloy, gurmar, gokshuru, jamun, haldi, karela, etc. and mainly made to cure Diabetes. Diacure capsule help in maintaining blood sugar level boosts the immune system, lowers bad cholesterol levels, and reduces the associated symptoms of diabetes.
Livclear Herbal Capsule: It composed of kal megh, kaasni, neem, giloy, katuki, punarnava, etc. The capsule supports the function of the liver and helps in the removal of toxins, purifies blood, fights against bacteria that cause disease, and improves the digestive system.
Ashwagandha Herbal Capsule: Ashwagandha is an ancient medicinal herb that is used worldwide to provide strength to the nerves, and muscles. Evidence suggests that the use of Ashwagandha in diabetes reduces blood sugar levels through its effects on insulin sensitivity and its secretions.
Chandraprabha Vati: It is a classical Ayurvedic formulation mainly used to cure metabolic syndrome. It is made up of giloy, pippalimool, kali maricha, dantimool, trivrit, etc. The tablet reduces fatigue and revitalizes the body. It shows the best result in reducing the presence of abnormal glucose in the urine and blood glucose levels significantly.
Nervocare Herbal Capsule: The capsule consists of those natural herbs that work on the nervous system and improves the nerves functions naturally. It is a combination of vacha, brhami, tagar, jyotishmati, etc. The ingredients regulate the blood sugar levels and help to improve the symptoms associated with diabetes.
Instead of using chemical-based formulations, a person should have to use a natural way. Because each body constituents are different, it is not sure that the same medicine will work on every person. Chemical-based medicines show their result for a short while only but in the future, a person has to suffer from many complications like upset stomach, sickness, kidney problems, etc.
Our body is made up of natural components, so we have to adopt only natural ways to combat our lifestyle disorders and live a healthy and disease-free life.
For more detail on Ayurvedic Treatment of Diabetes, please visit our nearest clinic or if you want to consult with our Chief Ayurveda Consultant & Founder – Dr.Baldeep Kour then write with detail history at email@example.com